Credit Karma Score out of BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
    i didn't set up any alerts, but i will go back in and see what i can do with it. although, i guess it really doesn't matter much at this point since we credit cards we don't even use now, we have our house...(HEYYYYYYYYYYY 24 months to go and i'm paid OFF!!!) and my car is (knock on wood 100xs still in good working order for a 12 year old car). so, i'm hoping i don't have to worry about my rating so much in my old up coming age.

but, thanks logan, i will check out the alerts, it's a good idea.
    The alerts will tell you about changes on your credit report which I like to monitor in case of fraud.

Logan

Comment

I would wait it out, You will be getting Cap One offer soon for unsecured.

That is not the best advice because it will be a low limit and establishing a relationship with a BK friendly CU will MOST defiantly help in the long run. Most CU's will switch to an unsecured within a year of credit/relationship building and they are easier for CLI in the future. JMHO

How do you know if a credit union is bk friendly

UMM.......ask them. Tell them your story, where you are now and if they can help you or not. Being kind, upfront, honest and you giving them your money goes a long way. Direct deposit also helps. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
        The alerts will tell you about changes on your credit report which I like to monitor in case of fraud.

Logan
        oh yes, i have those alerts, they never go off LOL!!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

we are 1 month after discharge and experian says the credit score is 648. I thought that was pretty good just out of a Ch 7 BK but I really have nothing to compare it to...so it's helpful to see what others scores are....

Comment

Originally posted by hmsmith View Post
            we are 1 month after discharge and experian says the credit score is 648. I thought that was pretty good just out of a Ch 7 BK but I really have nothing to compare it to...so it's helpful to see what others scores are....
            ours was in the high 600's like 680 or so. mainly because it's not that we were late on any bills, it was really because of the bk. so if you didn't have a ton of bad things on there before it's likely your score will not completely go down the tubes. the problem is getting it back up there! ours has barely moved since we filed and that was a few years ago. we have had cards and perfect payment records etc. it's made no difference.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Interesting....my CK rating went from 639 on June 2, 2012 to 650 today.

edit: It appears that a credit inquire from RAB in July 2010 was removed. What is RAB? I assume a collection agency?

Comment

I used creditkarma it will give you alert when you have a hard hit on your credit but the score is nowhere near correct. Mine was near 90 points off what they had posted.

Comment

Originally posted by barnhartred View Post
                  I used creditkarma it will give you alert when you have a hard hit on your credit but the score is nowhere near correct. Mine was near 90 points off what they had posted.
                  I've read that the KC score is not accurate. But 90 points is a big difference. Was KC 90 higher or lower than your credit score?

I'm a little over a month since my BK7 discharge. I've checked and made sure all three credit report info was correct. Prior to BK, my reports show no collections or lates. I have a lot of accounts discharged in BK (17) and about 20 accounts listed in good standing. My out of BK Credit Karma score is 634. I guess its time to check my real credit score. BTW, whats the best way to do that? Just pay the fee?

Thanks for the info

Comment

my creditkarma score was higher. i just applied for a loan the rejection letter had the experian score on it

Comment

I found a year ago that CreditKarma scores were actually lower than what my home lender pulled on all three bureaus. Go figure.

I just use their number for an average to see if the score moves up or down in any significant way. Take the number with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by barnhartred View Post
                        my creditkarma score was higher. i just applied for a loan the rejection letter had the experian score on it
                        I believe CK uses transunion and it's possible transunion differs from your experian by quite a few points. My CreditKarma score was close but a little lower the last time I pulled my FICO.

Logan

Comment

we were looking to buy a camper rather than get a credit card. thought i stood a chance with a creditkarma score of 636 and the wifes 654. now looking into a lot gaurantees financing I believe i'm looking at a 16% intrest rate. but salesman told me pay on time for 6 to 8 months i can refi at a lower rate. i just want to stay away from credit cards.

Comment

higher or lower, it sounds like they are not that accurate. i guess it's the old adage: you get what you pay for?

my score just went up since i started typing on this thread LOL! (seriously).

Comment

Checked all three credit bureaus this past weekend on hubby (he was discharged 3/21/12), the lowest score was 632 and the highest was 688. He had late pays prior BUT no collections or judgements before filing. Also, have continued to make ontime payments on both cars (one is now paid off since discharge) which are showing as "current, never been late" on both. Everything else is as it should be on all three reports after discharge. We are waiting on foreclosure to happen on our out of state rental as they have just started the paperwork (we have been served notice) after a year of not paying, it was surrendered in the chp 7. He is now getting offers each week for unsecured CC, even with decent rates, not great rates but decent.

Comment

So I just checked my score on Credit Karma out of curiosity. I had been getting emails the past few weeks and knew it had fallen, but didn't want to know how much. It's showing a drop of 66 points to 700. My 341 was yesterday. Can I expect it to fall again and if so when?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X