Is it possible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible...

Is it possible to have a "retain and pay" mortgage report on your credit report. Is it worth a shot to call and ask BofA.Never had a late payment on this mortgage. Thanks. ~C~

Not likely. They'd be in both technical and actual violation of the permanent discharge injunction! I don't know if I'm recalling correctly, but even people that have reaffirmed needed to provide a document to the lender that it's okay to report.

What's the worst that could happen? You have them start reporting, then you mess up (go 30+ days late), and they report it. What's the recourse? Do you then blame them for reporting a late when you don't have any liability? That's the dilemma that the bank would be placed in, should they report a discharged debt.

I guess you could ask... but I'm not thinking they would put themselves in that position.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

So, called them this morning and they faxed me a Verification of Mortgage and said to send it to all 3 credit bureaus. We have no intentions of being late as we intend to sell this house in a year or 2. I know "things" happen and there is always a chance we could be late. It would be an absolute last resort! I don't know. I guess I will dig for more info and maybe even talk to my lawyer. If it came down to signing anything. Absolutely not! Thanks. ~C~

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X