No announcement yet.

Credit Cards after BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delayed answer - I applied online using a button on the Capital One site that let them get an idea of what kind of credit I might be eligible for (if any). It does not pull hard reports but shows 2 or 3 card with various rewards, interest, etc. that I might be good for. I selected one, applied and was approved on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
      I don't think you will have been discharged by October, will you?

I honestly think you need to call the hotel and ask them about their debit card hold policies. The last hotel we stayed in (debit card only) only put a $100 hold for "incidentals" against our bank account balance as we paid in cash at check-in for our stay. This was a Marriott, FYI.

Orchard Bank used to issue credit cards to those in a Chapter 13 - now that they were bought out by Capital One, I have no clue what they will do now, particularly since you are a Chapter 7.
      I'm guessing discharge is going to be around October 23rd. I've just heard some stories about having difficulty getting the holds removed and them being for more than $100. Not sure what to expect, but I'd prefer to have it just put on a credit card rather than my debit, but I'm afraid I may not have a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
        You can always get a debit card from Walmart. That way, you don't have holds on your bank account.
        Yeah, but you would need to know how much of a hold they are going to put on the card and have money to put on the card.

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
          I had a experience this past weekend Deerfield bch florida BW, We reserved our room with the cc, upon getting there told them to put it on my debit card for the charges. They had my cc also on file. They debited my room + 40.00 deposit for 5 days on my checking account. Without telling me, I was really mad, As it was terrible room from the beginning, I was too tired to look for another hotel after 5 hr ride. I made them move me to a smokefree room as the one they gave me was smokefilled smell.
          I did finally get credit for my 40.00 . When I got home, I found out, my cc company put a hold on my cc due to fraud for some reason when this hotel authorized the room fee when reservation was made. The hotel was really old and misrepresented online to appear new. I did report them to tripadvisor.
          See this is a little bit of what concerns me. The reservation was non refundable and was put on one of the cards that will be discharged. I'm a little concerned about them trying to charge me again for the room + any type of deposit or holds. I need to call and confirm they still have the reservation anyway, but I'd rather not have any surprises. I'll be going with some friends who don't know about the BK and really don't want to bring it to their attention either.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X