Paying Mortgage but its not reported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying Mortgage but its not reported

I filed for BK chapter 7 I received my discharge. I have paid my mortgage before and after the BK on time and NEVER late. However after my BK my mortgage company is not reporting my payments on my credit report. It just chose us as open but it's in bankruptcy. I like for my mortgage company to report correctly. Not sure why its not doing so. Any advice.

You would probably have to reaffirm it. Its included in your bankruptcy, just like an auto loan would be. Once they find out you filed for bankruptcy they stop reporting it. Most on here would tell you not to reaffirm, but you have to do what you feel is best. If you do reaffirm though, they will report it.

Comment

You can't reaffirm a debt after discharge. Even if you could, reaffirming a mortgage just to get it to report on your credit report would be a stupid thing to do. There are other ways to rebuild credit. If you want to buy another house in the future, you can prove to the new lender that you have made timely payments on your mortgage.

They don't report because reporting negative info on a discharged debt would be a violation of the BK court's permanent injunction. Some lenders will continue to report positive information. But, most just report that the debt was included in bankruptcy and stop all further reporting. They are reporting correctly.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

If the tradeline is still showing up as open then you need to dispute it. Assuming that you did not reaffirm it, the loan is now discharged and gone... so, you need to make sure that it is reporting as closed, zero balance and marked as "included in bankruptcy".
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X