DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union) no longer BK Friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union) no longer BK Friendly

Applied and was denied due to Chapter 7. No recon either. I was told you need to be two years post BK now.
    BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Well 2 years post BK is still BK friendly.... but definately does put a damper on my recommendations to them. Perhaps I sent too many BK people there!
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Two years post seems ok to me. Considering there are so many that say no way until it drops off your report (10 yrs.) or worse, never after BK; I'd call that BK friendly.

Comment

Just approved last week for $40k 1.99% interest. Had filed just over 2 years ago 9/10. Said my fico score was 682. With those rates I think having to wait 2 years is reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
          just approved last week for $40k 1.99% interest. Had filed just over 2 years ago 9/10. Said my fico score was 682. With those rates i think having to wait 2 years is reasonable.
          40k?

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
            40k?
            Yes $40,000

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
              Yes $40,000
              Was it an auto loan?

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                Was it an auto loan?
                Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
                  Two years post seems ok to me. Considering there are so many that say no way until it drops off your report (10 yrs.) or worse, never after BK; I'd call that BK friendly.
                  This is very true. DCU wouldn't even approve me for a secured card until two years out.
                  BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Comment

It varies... I know people that get approved at 6 months out... I think it is highly situational and on a case by case basis.
                    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                      It varies... I know people that get approved at 6 months out... I think it is highly situational and on a case by case basis.
                      Agreed. I got a $5k secured card 1 1/2 years after filing and my auto loan 8 months later.

Comment

I was discharged November 5th and applied for a car loan November 9th and was approved for up to $30K at 2.99%. Plus I was offered a visa with a $7500 limit. I didn't take the offer on the car loan because I chose a lease instead with GM. My 17 year old car was about to die and I was not about to invest one more penny into that hoopty so a vehicle had to be purchased.

But I believe that it has everything to do with how well your reports read. I worked on my report a good year or more before my discharge making sure that all was reporting correctly. I was spending so much money getting my car fixed every other month that I knew when I got my discharge I was running out to buy a car....which I did. So I can say that DCU has been great for me, but I highly doubt that they would have approved me with the way my report looked prior to me cleaning it up. It was just awful.
                        Chp 13: Filed 3/26/2007

11/5/2012 - 68 Months and finally free!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X