722 / 740 / 699 FICO's 5 years out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

722 / 740 / 699 FICO's 5 years out

I'm applying for a mortgage and my scores came back 722/740/699. Last year my mid FICO was in the low 700's so I'm seeing some movement.
    For anyone using CreditKarma my score has remained steady at 703 for a long time. I'm not sure which bureau is the 699 but I'll try and find out.

Logan

PS. the purpose of this post is to show those going through BK and the credit rebuilding process that there is life after BK!

Congrats!! And thanks for the good news!

Comment

CreditKarma just knocked my score down by 2 points for the mortgage inquiry. After I buy a house then I'll be buying a car so it'll be interesting what interest rate the dealership offers me. And for those that are wondering, I'm not going into more debt--I have the cash to buy a car but if I can get an interest rate under 2 I'd just assume finance it.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
          CreditKarma just knocked my score down by 2 points for the mortgage inquiry. After I buy a house then I'll be buying a car so it'll be interesting what interest rate the dealership offers me. And for those that are wondering, I'm not going into more debt--I have the cash to buy a car but if I can get an interest rate under 2 I'd just assume finance it.
          Should have no problem with the auto loan. 2 years out 682 fico got 1.99% interest for a 60 month $40k auto loan with DCU.

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
            Should have no problem with the auto loan. 2 years out 682 fico got 1.99% interest for a 60 month $40k auto loan with DCU.
            Were you a member of DCU or just applied for the loan? I can probably use my credit union or any specials at the dealer but haven't done much research yet. I'm leaning towards a Passat and the V6 has 0% financing but if I go with the TDI there are no specials.
            Logan

Comment

DCU and Alliant have the best auto rates right now. Alliant will give a 2.9% rate on a 72 month loan and 1.9% for lower terms and DCU is down to 1.9% for up to 65 months. You can apply for loans without being a member of DCU but if you want the loan, you will need to be approved for membership after you get the loan approval.

I've had 2 loans with DCU and just refi'd my main auto loan back to Navy Federal ...Navy's rates are decent but not as good as the two I mentioned.
              BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
              Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                Were you a member of DCU or just applied for the loan? I can probably use my credit union or any specials at the dealer but haven't done much research yet. I'm leaning towards a Passat and the V6 has 0% financing but if I go with the TDI there are no specials.
                Logan
                I was a member of DCU prior and to get the best rate you have to have other loans with them i.e. credit card and also "relationship" checking i.e. automatic deposits.

Comment

I got a 42k auto loan with 2 years out @2.65apr with Chase so car loan are fairly easy with a dp and verifiable income. .I was very lucky I keep my home after my 7 and later BofA offered the new DOJ principal reduction on my loan to current zillow value.
                  Filed 10/27/2010 341 Meeting 12/10/2010
                  Report No Distribution 12/15

Comment

I was a member of DCU prior and to get the best rate you have to have other loans with them i.e. credit card and also "relationship" checking i.e. automatic deposits.
                    Thanks for the info. My credit union is competitive but I'm not sure if my BK will be a factor. I just had my offer accepted on a home and we ended up buying a more expensive house than originally planned so the car may have to wait.
                    Logan

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X