top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often/when do CC report to credit bureaus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often/when do CC report to credit bureaus?

How often, or when, do credit card companies report to Credit bureaus? We have a $300 limit Orchard card that we let get too high. We just paid it off. I checked my credit score and it reflects that we were using to high a percentage of our available credit.

Any idea how soon this might change?
    10/26/10 - FILED CHAPTER 7 12/15/10 - 341 COMPLETED 2/17/11 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

If you are using the card, they report once a month right after it goes to cycle for new bill to print. I have found one Orchard card that did not report for about 6mos. I closed it and had to dispute it with credit bureas to get the balance to show Zero. Most all report each month. It will update again next month.
    Last edited by Floridagail; 01-15-2013, 06:13 AM. Reason: typo
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

There are a couple of threads just below this about credit utilization and when companies report - your best bet would be to call orchard and ask when they report imo.

In the old days, companies would take all of their data and report it once a month via tapes they would mail in (remember hearing about BOA losing a bunch of tapes and peoples IDs may have been compromised...). Now it is done electronically and it is super easy for them to do - they can batch them in groups instead of reporting all at once. There is also no rule that says when they have to report - at least not that i know of - reporting is done voluntarily.

I wouldnt worry too much about your score unless you are applying for something right now though. It will come back down once they report your new balance and your score will jump back up - remember your score is dynamic and changes with each new set of data. it can even adjust based on "market changes" (If everyone goes late on their mortgage this month... it isnt as bad as only a few ppl going late on their mortgage this month...)

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
        If you are using the card, they report once a month right after it goes to cycle for new bill to print. I have found one Orchard card that did not report for about 6mos. I closed it and had to dispute it with credit bureas to get the balance to show Zero. Most all report each month. It will update again next month.
        Good. I last used it in December. I just paid it off - I'll go buy a Happy Meal on it to keep it active if I need to. I just want that score up. I only have a few months left on my apartment.
        10/26/10 - FILED CHAPTER 7 12/15/10 - 341 COMPLETED 2/17/11 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

we had them for about 2 years and they never once reported to the CC...we called them and all they said was we will up your credit. we said no close it, since you aren't reporting, you have done us NO good.

i just ran our reports last week and it's been a year of so we closed the accounts and they still are no where to be found with all three agencies. we did better with cap one and best buy, they report regularly.

here's the funny part, what i do see is accounts IIB still reporting monthly not that we are late or anything, but still reporting on those paid as agreed. we had many of those that i asked not to be listed with no balances but they show up anyway in the "good" part of the credit history, but with the comments balance zero, paid timely IIB LOL!!!!!!!!!!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X