top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I never knew Life insurance request were reported.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never knew Life insurance request were reported.

Hubby was taking his post filing course and found this on one of the class pages. It talks about the credit report and your filing. I never heard this before.

When negative information in your report is accurate, only the passage of time can assure its removal. A credit reporting company can report most accurate negative information for seven years and bankruptcy information for 10 years. Information about an unpaid judgment against you can be reported for seven years or until the statute of limitations runs out, whichever is longer. There is no time limit on reporting information about criminal convictions; information reported in response to your application for a job that pays more than $75,000 a year; and information reported because you've applied for more than $150,000 worth of credit or life insurance.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

It is not part of the general credit profile. Truthfully, there are a lot of things reported under "consumer 'credit' reporting" that is not on standard credit reports. Lexis/Nexis bought a company called Choicepoint. Choicepoint had a credit report that included traffic citations and parking tickets! Equifax and SafeRent maintains a database -- a consumer credit database -- of rental history and and sometimes down the payment level (including late payments)!

So consumer credit reporting does cover a bit of ground. We are just so used to the big three and their standard "credit report" abilities.

For what it's worth, I have well over $150K in life insurance and it doesn't appear on any "standard" credit report. (But it probably appears on "some" report, somewhere!)
    Last edited by justbroke; 02-25-2013, 09:38 AM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I learn something everyday.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

The amount of information that can be obtained through these new "consumer credit reports", and what is actually tracked, is quite disarming! I ran a tenant through TVS (another tenant screening company) and I ran a background check and it came back with parking and speeding tickets! I jokingly told the tenant that I could not rent because she likes to speed. (I still signed a lease agreement with her. She was shocked that I learned of her driving transgressions.)

Just imagine what some of those databases contain? I know that they have databases with your license information, registration information, professional licenses, convictions, etc, etc. You can know run a comprehensive consumer credit report and background check and get just about everything down to high school graduation, relatives, every VIN of every vehicle ever owned, every insurance claim (auto or home), etc., etc.

Ah... the Information Age!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X