Does Chase work with people after BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Chase work with people after BK?

Has anyone gotten a Chase CC after their BK?
    Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
    Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
    Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

No, Capital One and eventually Barclay will offer you a card. Chase is not bankruptcy friendly.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I have a Chase CC but only because they bought WAMU. They're not BK friendly so I wouldn't apply if I were you.

Comment

Nope. I just applied for a Disney Rewards card after they sent the offer to me in the mail, and I was declined. My "only" negative was my BK (as opposed to too many inquiries, credit utilization, etc.).

Comment

Chase can stick it where the sun don't shine.
          Too bad so many of the good rewards cards seem to be their monopoly

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I'm not a Chase fan but I don't dislike them either. They are the only creditor who didn't file a claim. They've walked away from $20,000 worth of debt. My attorney told me the time to file is over and they can no longer file a claim. I don't think there will ever be a Chase card in my future but that's ok..i don't want any credit cards in the future.
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

No, Chase is definitely not BK friendly in terms of their credit card, but they will let you open up a checking account. I seem to recall quite a while back someone who charged them off decided to open up a bank account because they got one of those "open an account, get $200" offer, and ran into no issues. I charged them off, but honestly never had too many issues with them or Citi. The bank that gave me the most grief was NFCU.
              Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
              Discharged: August 2010
              A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Will Chase never give a person who has filed BK a card or does it have to be a few years until they will?

Comment

7 years post-BK seems to be the minimum, however once the BK is gone from reports, you usually are good with Chase.
                  Chapter 7 Filed 2/28/2012
                  Discharged 7/24/2012
                  Cased Closed 8/7/2012

Comment

I find it interesting that people insist Chase will not extend credit post-BK. Maybe it is rare, but Chase DOES work with people post-BK. I had a Freedom Signature card survive my BK. It had a zero balance and was not IIB. It's not like they didn't notice the BK; they pulled soft reports every month during my BK and afterwards. About a year after my BK was discharged I requested and received a credit line increase. They doubled the limit. So it is possible. They stopped pulling soft reports about a year after my BK discharged. I use the card and PIF every month.
                    OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X