Credit report and Capitol One Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit report and Capitol One Question

Question #1: I have a credit inquire (2 years old in a few weeks) that will be removed this month, does it drop off all three credit reports at the same time. Or do the three credit agencies have different time tables when credit inquiries are removed.

Question #2: Capitol One: Has anyone opened a savings accounts with automatic deposits before they applied for a credit card with them? Did that help you get approved or denied? Is it a good idea to open an account before applying for a cc?

Thanks

PG
    Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
    Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
    Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Credit inquiries that are more than 1 year old, are not counted in any credit scoring model that I know of. It should not matter when it drops, only that it doesn't count.

I have not attempted to "coerce" a card from CapOne by first opening an regular deposit account. For companies like CapOne, I would say just apply and if denied, it's not because you don't have deposits on file. It is usually purely a scoring decision. I would tend to believe that Credit Unions, on a reconsideration request, might look at your deposit accounts, behavior, and other business done with the bank.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X