Care Credit - Approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care Credit - Approved

Just 3 months since discharge and I had an expensive vet bill on the horizon, so I figured I'd give Care Credit a try.

Wouldn't you know they approved me for $2100!

This would be a good way for anyone to work on rebuilding their credit. The APR is insane, but there are promotional plans that apply. Basically you get X amount of months to pay it off in full without any interest. There are 6, 12, 24 month promotional periods. I think which one you get depends on the amount of the charge you make. My vet bill was $545 and I have 12 months to pay it off. Don't miss a payment or not pay it off in-time, because you will get charged interest back to the purchase date.

The best thing about this is it truly can only be used for emergencies, doctors, vets, etc.
    Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
    341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
    $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

Care Credit is very very picky!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes, they are! I am surprised, I thought they were not very BK friendly.
      Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
      Discharged: August 2010
      A life lesson well learned.

Comment

They didn't approve me. I applied 7 months after closing Chapt 7. They denied me because of the BK. I had gotten 3 credit cards. Capital One $2000 unsecured, Barclays $1500 unsecured, First Progress $600 secured. Less than 10% owed on all three combined. My credit scores range from 616-680 between the three credit bureaus.
        Chapt 7 Filed June 2012, Closed Oct 2012.
        God answers prayers. Debt free and much wiser.

Comment

Picky is probably the best description, but it's a GE card, and GE is BK friendly. Six months post-discharge seems to be the magic time for Walmart and Amazon, anyway. I would try with one of those first, then wait 3-6 mos. for CareCredit. The Walmart card offers a free monthly TU score, BTW.

Comment

It has been over three years since my discharge, but I was just approved for $2200, I guess I can get Bristol fixed now! Anyway, I did have GE cards before my filing all paid in full and never late, but GE closed them once they were notified of the filing! Oh well, maybe I can get my Lowes back, haha!
            November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X