CapitalOne credit increase question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CapitalOne credit increase question

Going on about 5 years since I received my CapitalOne and approaching 6 years from my BK and I decided to ask for a credit increase. I'm at $3500 and one reason I don't use this card is the credit line is too low since my credit card balance on my primary card usually exceeds that.
    Anyone have any luck with a credit line increase?
    Logan

CapOne now has a new 'request an increase' feature. You can find it under one of the drop-downs at the top. I think it's over on the right and the item to select on the drop-down is 'more...', I think if I'm remembering correctly. You could give that a try. It's supposed to be a soft pull.

I've read many people have success emailing the exec. office.

Comment

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
      CapOne now has a new 'request an increase' feature. You can find it under one of the drop-downs at the top. I think it's over on the right and the item to select on the drop-down is 'more...', I think if I'm remembering correctly. You could give that a try. It's supposed to be a soft pull.

I've read many people have success emailing the exec. office.
      Recently tried that button and was declined a CLI. Started at $1,000 over a year ago, they went up to $1500 after 6 months and that is were it stays. However, I just received a letter from Barclays yesterday and they gave me a $3k CLI without asking - now up to $8700 on their rewards card. I will give Capital One 6 months and try to get it changed before the AF kicks in to a rewards card and if not close the account.

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
        Recently tried that button and was declined a CLI. Started at $1,000 over a year ago, they went up to $1500 after 6 months and that is were it stays. However, I just received a letter from Barclays yesterday and they gave me a $3k CLI without asking - now up to $8700 on their rewards card. I will give Capital One 6 months and try to get it changed before the AF kicks in to a rewards card and if not close the account.
        Thanks for the info. I use my CapitalOne for International only but since I have the VentureOne card I'd like to use it more for rewards.
        Logan

Comment

We just tried for an increase on the Venture card but was declined due to him having the card for less than six months. I have also heard that CapOne has these "executive" reps that people have much success with.
          Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
          Discharged: August 2010
          A life lesson well learned.

Comment

I was denied a credit increase because my average balances have been too low. Kind of funny because I don't use this card except for international charges partly because the credit limit is only $3500 and I exceed that every month with my primary card.
            Logan

Comment

I have a Cash Rewards, and was curious so I pulled the trigger tonight. They gave me a $500 increase, so my credit line is now over 2k. LOL, I finally have a credit card that beats the credit limit on my Victoria Secret card!! But I use this card religiously, pay it in full every month. I give this card a workout. A $500 increase from Cap1 is generous in my eyes. They are so stingy with their increases! But they have been good to me and my fiance, and their customer service is actually pretty damn good. I am pleased with them, even if my credit limit is small.
              Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
              Discharged: August 2010
              A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                Going on about 5 years since I received my CapitalOne and approaching 6 years from my BK and I decided to ask for a credit increase. I'm at $3500 and one reason I don't use this card is the credit line is too low since my credit card balance on my primary card usually exceeds that.
                Anyone have any luck with a credit line increase?
                Logan
                Logan, Have you tried any other cards such as Citibank, BOA or Chase? Was curious to know how these guys treat post BK people 6 years after with a clean credit history.

Comment

After being told on the phone a couple of month ago, that my type of credit card does not ever get increases in credit lines, I saw that drop down menu and did my thing. It gave me an increase of $500. Not much, I know, but even though I pay it off in full every month, it is nicer to have lower percentage of utilization

Comment

Originally posted by mijd View Post
                    Logan, Have you tried any other cards such as Citibank, BOA or Chase? Was curious to know how these guys treat post BK people 6 years after with a clean credit history.
                    I have a Chase CC but only because they bought WAMU a few years ago. I'm not sure about BOA and Citibank.

Logan

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X