Approved!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved!!

Applied with Cap One today for their Platinum credit card and approved for $1000! It has only been 21 days since I received my discharge, Ch. 7. Cap One was IIB.

Small credit line to start, but it is a start and so soon after BK.

cap one is very bk friendly for some reason. we even got a small car loan from them a few months back. at a decent rate as well compared to other choices we had. i really am not even paying the interest as i just keep paying off the car, should be now in about 3 months. but hope it helped my credit for what????? i don't know.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by dischargedbk View Post
      Applied with Cap One today for their Platinum credit card and approved for $1000! It has only been 21 days since I received my discharge, Ch. 7. Cap One was IIB.

Small credit line to start, but it is a start and so soon after BK.
      Congrats..If you don't mind me asking, do you know what your FICO/Credit score was after discharged?

Comment

Is it a no annual fee card? What's the interest rate?

I actually closed my CapOne card. I had a $750 credit limit. After the 1st "credit step" from $500 to $750, they never increased it again. Also, it was my last card to have an annual fee. It was only $19, but I could no longer justify it since I now have a couple of other CCs that gave me limits of a few thousand. I only paid the annual fee for a couple of years. Was a great "builder" card, though.

Usually closing CCs is frowned upon because it lowers both your AAOA and overall credit limit to lower your utilization, but with such a low balance and with that annoying AF, I think closing it was justified.
        Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
          Is it a no annual fee card? What's the interest rate?

I actually closed my CapOne card. I had a $750 credit limit. After the 1st "credit step" from $500 to $750, they never increased it again. Also, it was my last card to have an annual fee. It was only $19, but I could no longer justify it since I now have a couple of other CCs that gave me limits of a few thousand. I only paid the annual fee for a couple of years. Was a great "builder" card, though.

Usually closing CCs is frowned upon because it lowers both your AAOA and overall credit limit to lower your utilization, but with such a low balance and with that annoying AF, I think closing it was justified.
          I doubt the original poster is telling the truth, never responded. More of a means to wind people up. Capital One blacklists, I know for a fact because they blacklisted me and I was unable to get a secured card from them 1 month after discharge.

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
            I wouldn't worry too much about the impact on the AAoA when closing an account. As long as the account stays on the report, it still counts towards AAoA. Only if it falls off your report in a couple of years due to being closed, it will impact the AAoA. By then, however, you will probably have other accounts that have aged.

IMO, when it comes to credit scoring, AAoA is overrated. Utilization and payment history are much more important.
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
            FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
            FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmisery View Post
              I doubt the original poster is telling the truth, never responded. More of a means to wind people up. Capital One blacklists, I know for a fact because they blacklisted me and I was unable to get a secured card from them 1 month after discharge.
              Not necessarily. My mother and me got Cap. One CCs right after discharge and we both included them in our filing. However, we defaulted on them many years ago so that is probably the reason why we got new cards right away.
              Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
              FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
              FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X