First Credit Card offer.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Credit Card offer.....

So yesterday I received my first per-approved credit card offer, well, any credit card offer.

So I am almost a year discharged but still open, asset case. Trustee filed his final report to the UST, so I wait. Have FICO scores ranging from 623 to 702, no dings on my CR in over two years, make a good dime, reaffirmed my house and car, never missed a payment. And CreditOne is my first offer. $45 a year and 19.99%, I think I will pass and see if now I receive any more offers.

Once you received one offer, did you start getting more offers? I think I will wait, and hopefully CapOne will send me one.
    Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
    Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
    Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Congrats........Have you tried the Capital One Pre-Qualified site? It doesn't count as a inquiry on your credit report.

After Discharge I tried them a couple of times. They had no card for me. Then at about a year after discharge they gave me a card with a $2000 limit, no annual fee, 24%. After 5 months of on time payments it said my limit would be raised $500. But after the 5 months they increased my limit to $4000.

So glad they gave me another chance. I had DC'd two of their cards in BK7...

Good luck

Comment

Capital One approved both my husband and I this week also. I tried several and they were the only ones that would give me a chance. We are just over a year discharged.

Funny thing, I get Barclays offers in the mail constantly, maybe 1-2 a WEEK. I applied....got denied. I am going to start saving all that junk mail now and when I get enough I am sending it back to them.

Comment

i think our first was orchard bank, but they never reported to the CC agencies, so we dumped them. i heard with others they reported but we had problems. plus the fees and high interest much like credi tone which likes to simulate cap one.

after a bit got the offer from cap one and now we have i don't even what to right out what lso they never would raise our limits even after over a year....are lines are now. but we stayed clear of those that charged fees. i was also able to get a 38k car loan from them this june!!!! but i'm crazy like i was with the house, had it paid in 3 years and now i still owe cap one auto 5k on that 38k and HATE it.

i would also try merrick bank. they are really good as well.

mynameainttracy: I LOVE BARCLAY's they have been the best to deal with overhaul for us. i use their card the most. we have three now cards now the barclay's, wells fargo, (HATE THEM) but good for our credit report! and our cap ones.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

My first offers after discharge were Credit One (started at $300, now $1,750, $79 AF) and Best Buy MasterCard (started at $300 and is still $300, $59 AF, though it's been HSCB, Capital One and now Citibank). I will be dropping both next month as all my other cards have no annual fees! My third card is with Merrick Bank got about a year after discharge (formally a Hooters card, started at $350 and is now $2,750), also have two Barclays (Upromise started at $1,000 and now $2,700 6 months later, Apple Financial started at $1,000, now $2,000 1.5 years ago). I did get denied on the Apple Financial at 1 year after discharge and wasn't able to get it recond'd either, I was told by rep. to wait 6 months and I got it. I did take Capital One on three cards and wasn't able to get one until last December, started at $1,000 and is now $4,000! Give it time and you will get better offers!
          November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

All the ones that come in the mail are run through the paper shredder and tossed in the recycle bin, reasons why are 1) insane annual fees 2) low credit and no grace period. Discharge for me is going on 7 months and I was denied so far by Barclay's for a unsecured and Capital One and PNC Bank for a secured.

I did receive Credit One as well, but the terms were not too my liking to even consider another CC.

Comment

We were discharged last July. I got an offer 2 months ago from Cap 1, a pre-approval. I went online and typed in the code and was approved for a $3k limit with 0% interest for 6 months, no annual fee. My husband has never gotten any CC offers, only car loan offers. He applied for a Cap 1 card and also got a $3k limit, no annual fee, but no introductory 0% interest rate.

Comment

I will echo the comments above and recommend checking the Capital One pre-qual website. I think you should be able to get a much better offer.
                Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X