Credit score spike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit score spike

So Transunion sent me a score alert. I log in and BOOM almost a 100 point jump to 638. My BK isn't even discharged. Hopefully it stays and doesn't fluctuate too much. Once I get my discharge will the score go up a little more?
    Filed 11/14/13 ____FICO 515
    341 12/23/13 ____FICO 545
    Discharged 03/03/2014

Originally posted by Hopefull1983 View Post
    So Transunion sent me a score alert. I log in and BOOM almost a 100 point jump to 638. My BK isn't even discharged. Hopefully it stays and doesn't fluctuate too much. Once I get my discharge will the score go up a little more?
    I don't think the discharge itself will make your score go up. What made your score go up is probably the fact that your credit report shows you have no debt because your creditors are reporting zero balances. Future increases will probably be more incremental and will be based on the passage of time since negative entries appeared and your report and your current responsible use of credit.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Yeah that is very suspicious, I'd love to hear what accounted for that.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
        Yeah that is very suspicious, I'd love to hear what accounted for that.
        Nothing suspicious about my jump in score. Most likely it has risen because all my delinquent accounts have reported zero balances now and has put my utilization to zero. My report still has some open accounts I've never used with credit limits. From the research I've done this is a very normal occurrence.
        Filed 11/14/13 ____FICO 515
        341 12/23/13 ____FICO 545
        Discharged 03/03/2014

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X