X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital.One Journey Denied

FICO 626

6+ Months since discharge

Denied via online application for Capital One Journey.

Did they tell you why they denied you?

Did you check out their disclosure to see if you qualify? Have you been denied a credit card in the last 3 months? That's enough to disqualify you for that card. Their disclosures page for the card says that you have to have "average credit" to qualify and has a link to definitions of "average" and "rebuilding" credit with further links to cards for each credit type. Being denied credit in the last 3 months puts you in the rebuilding category. This link lists other reason you might not qualify http://www.capitalone.com/credit-car...ourney-student
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I got the automated response and that I will be notified by mail for the reason. I waited 3 months+ since my last attempt.

I used a popular site for cards, I won't name it since it might be against the rules and used their system that checks part of your social, name and address to see what you can qualify for. I was believing this was accurate but it appears I was wrong.

I really do not want a credit card but my employer is putting the pressure on me with my debit cards, they are not giving me expense checks fast enough to cover expenses which ties up my available funds.

Comment

Did you use the Capital One Preapproval website?

626 is probably borderline. On another website, I see people with 640 being approved.

Do you have any derogatory entries other than the BK?

Since you don't have any credit cards at all, you might look at a secured card. I know you said cash flow was becoming an issue, but I got a secured card for only $500. It's building a relationship with a major creditor and should unsecure in the future. Having no revolving accounts, i.e. credit cards hurts your FICO score. Types of accounts constitute 10% of your FICO score, up to 50 points. How many points out of 50 are you losing for not having any revolving accounts? I bet more than a few.
        Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

I just got approved a few weeks ago for a Capital One card (not sure which one, I'm sorry) with 0% interest until October. My score on credit.com (which I understand isn't the same thing as FICO, but I'm cheap and don't want to pay for my actual score) is 688. I got approved for a $3k limit...wasn't expecting that.
          My husband, whose score from credit.com is 685, got denied. He chose to go with a prepaid card instead. We are 1.5 years post-discharge.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X