Capital One Blacklist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital One Blacklist

Some people say that Capital One doesn't Blacklist, well I beg to differ. I had one Capital One card with less than $2K on it that was included in my BK and tried getting a Capital One Secured and Unsecured CC over the past 7 months, both were denied.

The last rejection letter I got from Capital One stated this:

"Based on your application information, there are too many delinquent past or present Capital One credit obligation(s)."

Granted if I have filed BK before my CC's went late, maybe this wouldn't be an issue? The Capital One card is not even on my credit report.

You are the only one I've heard that believes in a Cap1 blacklist. You've said this a number of times. Did your case ever close? I know you've been discharged, but don't recall seeing that it actually closed. If your reports are all updated and reporting correctly, the closure may be your problem.

As you've been told before, many are approved by Cap1 shortly after discharge, and no, filing before CCs become late has no bearing on whether Cap 1 will approve you or not.

Comment

really??? we have two cards and i got approved or 38k car loan from them. they are my favorite lender!! i wonder why this happens??? very odd. we also had cap one's on our petition, makes no sense?
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

My BK is still open, discharge was 7+ months ago. I have doubts that this is the reason, as the BK was not mentioned in the letter, just that I have too many past or present obligations with Capital One, mind you only one card was included in my BK and never had another Capital One card other than that one after 25+ years of credit history.

All my credit reports are accurate and many of my cards do not even report on them as a negative, Capital One is not even listed on any of the 3 Credit Bureaus.

Comment

Was the old account charged off before you filed? There is something in their application that says they won't consider an account if there was a charge off within the last year. I finally was able to get one (charged off at the end of 2012).

Comment

Capital One was the very first offer we received after BK (outside of the credit source/credit first types). I believe we included 3 or 4 different Cap 1 accounts in our BK and we quit paying on them probably a year prior to filing. We received our first pre-qualified offer probably about 12-14 months after dismissal and they pre-qualified me for a Quick Silver Visa about 4-6 months later. I would definitely say that Cap 1 does not blacklist due to BK.

Comment

I think it matters WHEN there was a previous issue with Cap. One (charge-off etc.). If it was recently, they might deny applications. However, there is no such thing as a permanent Cap. One blacklist.

My mother and me - we both defaulted (and had charge-offs) on Cap. One CCs - and as of today, I have a total of 3 Cap. One CCs and my mother has one as well.

My mother got her card after discharge and received a $2K CL-increase 6 months later - AND her BK isn't even closed yet.
              Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
              FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
              FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I did not discharge Cap 1, but when I finally decided to get a credit card (6 months post BK) they would not approve me even for a secured card. IIRC my BK was 9 - 11 months old before I was approved... And once again, they were NOT included in my BK. Directly after BK My score were in the mid 500s, btw.

Credit One was my first approval, then Orchard, then Cap 1. I cancelled Credit One and Orchard, and went from Capital One to Barclays. I currently have a Barclays Arrival with a 6k limit. Credit card wise I don't have anything else beyond that, and have not tried, either.
                Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
                Discharged: August 2010
                A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by seagoat77 View Post
                  Was the old account charged off before you filed? There is something in their application that says they won't consider an account if there was a charge off within the last year. I finally was able to get one (charged off at the end of 2012).
                  No on the Charge Off.

Comment

Originally posted by grizindabox View Post
                    Capital One was the very first offer we received after BK (outside of the credit source/credit first types). I believe we included 3 or 4 different Cap 1 accounts in our BK and we quit paying on them probably a year prior to filing. We received our first pre-qualified offer probably about 12-14 months after dismissal and they pre-qualified me for a Quick Silver Visa about 4-6 months later. I would definitely say that Cap 1 does not blacklist due to BK.
                    They did not Blacklist you, but as I stated my experience say's otherwise. They are not using my FICO score or credit reports to determine this because there are no hard pulls from two attempts I made in the past 7 months, one secured and one unsecured. Only Barclay's did a hard pull and rejected me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
                      I think it matters WHEN there was a previous issue with Cap. One (charge-off etc.). If it was recently, they might deny applications. However, there is no such thing as a permanent Cap. One blacklist.

My mother and me - we both defaulted (and had charge-offs) on Cap. One CCs - and as of today, I have a total of 3 Cap. One CCs and my mother has one as well.

My mother got her card after discharge and received a $2K CL-increase 6 months later - AND her BK isn't even closed yet.
                      I'm not inclined to try Capital One again, I'll just wait for Barclay's to accept me. I only want one card for Business travel, not going to go CC happy and get enough cards for all fingers and go back into debt. No thanks, I am enjoying being debt free with the exception of car payments.

Comment

Originally posted by iswmle View Post
                        I did not discharge Cap 1, but when I finally decided to get a credit card (6 months post BK) they would not approve me even for a secured card. IIRC my BK was 9 - 11 months old before I was approved... And once again, they were NOT included in my BK. Directly after BK My score were in the mid 500s, btw.

Credit One was my first approval, then Orchard, then Cap 1. I cancelled Credit One and Orchard, and went from Capital One to Barclays. I currently have a Barclays Arrival with a 6k limit. Credit card wise I don't have anything else beyond that, and have not tried, either.
                        I got pre-approved letters from Credit One, Orchard, Opensky and another I cannot recall, all went into the trash after reading the terms, fees and yearly cost. Problem with many is they charge interest with no grace period.

My current real FICO score is 626, that's 7 months post discharge and I'm going to try Barclay's again they rejected me shortly after discharge. I was too anxious.

Comment

we started with orchard it was $39 yearly fee. hated it but as soon as we got approved by another co. i closed that account although that's not suppose to be a good thing. fact was after a year we checked our credit report and orchard NO ONCE reported our on time payment to the TRASH with them. i heard others say they reported, we it was on neither of our reports. i like cap one, barclays, and we took well fargo just because i couldn't believe they gave us one.. we never had or over used our credit cards for "stuff" we did use them for medical expenses towards the final year prior to deciding to file.
                          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

You are not the only one, OP. My husband had a Cap1 card with a $2,000 balance. They are the only ones who sued him, and he filed on the date of his hearing. He is over a year out from his discharge, and they won't approve him for anything. He gets the letter that says what yours says. No to a CC twice, and no to a car loan. Barclay's was the first to approve him. They approved him for $2,500 about nine months out from discharge. I'm two years out and just got a Discover IT card.

Comment

I think a big difference is I waited for Cap 1 to come to me, offer up the pre-qual. I did not app with them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X