We've been Hacked....................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've been Hacked....................

things have been moving along okay since we filed in Aug 2 years ago.

Yesterday hubby got a noticed at work that the payroll company his employer uses got breached. The letter states that forensic experts have determined that his name ss number direct deposit date of birth address phone and the list goes on was accessed by the intruders.

We have started to rebuild credit with me first. The cc we have is in my name with very low limit. Was gonna get hubby one in his name real soon.

We now have to alert the credit bureau about possibly fraud. So my thinking well the hackers won't get to much credit off hubby's ss number due to the Bk.

My question how will this affect him trying to rebuild credit in the future. I am assuming it will make it much harder

Pam

It is only difficult if there is an actual occurrence of identity theft. Just contact the 3 major credit bureaus and put a lock on his credit. That way, no one can open an account without some "extra" procedure to release the credit information.

I don't take identity theft lightly. My brother had his complete identity stolen. The person even had an apartment in his name for years (as my brother was out of the country). My brother was lucky that when he filed the police report they at first didn't want to do anything. The police finally went to this apartment and the guy still lived there! My brother is still cleaning up the mess. His wife's identity was also stolen. They now have identity locks on their credit bureau reports.

The key is to cut it off quickly, and I would have contacted the credit bureaus yesterday to lock the profiles.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks DH called the credit people today

Comment

If you ever hear the term 'freeze your credit', that is what JB is talking about with locking accounts. Just for the record, Consumer Advocate, Clark Howard, advocates that everyone should freeze their credit reports whether or not you have been hacked.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X