Discharged, now how long ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged, now how long ?

We are finally discharged, but how long will it take to show on credit report to show that it is discharged? We want to start rebuilding!!

I saw my discharge within 72 hours. It is usually pretty quick and your score "should" go up maybe 20 points. The closing of the case should also give you a little dump.

Having wrote that, time is the largest factor.
    Last edited by justbroke; 05-15-2014, 03:00 PM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My fico was around 600 when my 13 discharged. I got a secured card 3 months later. I got the Barclay card 1year post discharge another couple months later. I only let one card report a small balance. My score was around 690 until my bk fell off credit report then I am now high 700's.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        I saw my discharge within 72 hours. It is usually pretty quick and your score "should" go up maybe 20 points. The closing of the case should also give you a little dump.

Having wrote that, time is the largest factor.
        In an asset case which was discharged over a year ago, should I still expect a small bump in scores when the case is closed?

Also, I have been looking for the FICO credit score ranges (Average Credit Score: 620 to 679), etc..., any one know where to find this?

Thanks
        PG
        Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
        Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
        Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Comment

This is what I have found, does it look right? Can not find FICO's on their site.

Excellent credit score: 700 to 850
          Good credit score: 680 to 699
          Average credit score: 620 to 679
          Low credit score: 580 to 619
          Poor credit score: 500 to 579
          Bad credit score: 300 to 499
          Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
          Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
          Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Comment

I have found that around the 24 month mark, after discharge, the score gets another bump. At 24 months after discharge, my middle FICO score was 681 (true FICO from MyFico).
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X