Credit Scores for obtaining a credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Scores for obtaining a credit card

In 5 day it will be one year since I received my Chapter 7 discharge.

My question is does anyone know if there is a website or any other source
    where they would indicate what FICO would be required to obtain a credit card from a particular lending institution or merchant.

For example, the Credit Union which I am a member of will not extend any credit if your FICO Score is below 620. Experian Rated - but they really do not tell you that; however, it is implied.

So I got to thinking that maybe there is a website or other means which would list what the minimun score would be and from whom - Experian, TRW, Equifax - to obtain a credit card, auto loan, etc. I think it would make one's credit rebuilding a whole lot easier, instead of just trying here and there.

Does anyone have any suggestions, possibly we could credit a forum for that particular purpose??

Thanks for any imput and help

Garch13

Look in the Rebuilding Credit Forum for BK friendly creditors.
    *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

garch - anonymuse is exactly right and it does have a lot of suggestions for you. By the way my credit union has the same guidelines. My husband and I went recently to fund some extensive dental work and the loan officer said they would not consider a loan in our situation with a FICO below 620. However, she also said they look at debt ratio as well. For instance mine is high but all of the credit is in my name with the exception of our son's truck and of course we are both on the mortgage. They gave us the loan she said because we had paid them well over the years - I have had an account there for years and when we filed BK we paid them and our personal loan. My car was financed with them and they could have made some money off of it because what we owed was much less than what it was worth and in fact when we filed BK I was 2 months from paying it off. Remember there are other factors in considering a loan or a credit card. I laid our cards on the table to our credit union. Sometimes you have to get personal and I was fortunate that the loan officer we had was not one of those hard...like the banks have. If your score is close go plead your case...you never know. And for credit cards...try Orchard, Target and Cap One...I got those within 1 month of our discharge. I had had Cap One before and paid them like clockwork so I am sure that helped. They have already raised my CL once. Dont want to raise it anymore because it is manageable now. Also, you might try Hooters mastercard - they are really nice - and Juniper Bank. Good luck..

Comment

try www.whogavemecredit.com
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X