Credit Card that come with a FICO score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card that come with a FICO score

I just received a pre-selected app from Barclay for a credit card, comes with a free monthly FICO score. If you have a Barclays card, do you like it and which FICO score is it?

I also know Discover Card now offers a FICO score as well, it is Transunion. I may apply for this card soon, still on the fence.

Are there any other CC's that offer a free FICO score?

Thanks
    PG
    Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
    Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
    Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Merrick Bank Visa offers the same thing, I just got the offer in the mail over the weekend, went online and was approved instantly.

Comment

Barclays gives TransUnion FICO. I have a Barclays card but the rewards aren't very good so I never use it.

Walmart, Discover, Barclays, and Merrick all give TU FUCO.

If you want a free Equifax FICO, join DCU.

As far as Experian FICO, there are many cards that give this. On the top of my head, the NRA card gives free monthly EX FICO.
      Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

FUCO LOL?? What that supposed to be FAKO,FICO or something else that it sounds like or was it a typo?

Comment

It was a typo.

Comment

Capital One has free credit watch. I just got approved with them 10 months discharged

Comment

So, I am still on the fence about a Discover Card or Barclays card. I want one that has the free FICO score.

Here is my issue, I will be 2 years post filing BK7 and 18 months post discharge. I have a CapOne with $6000 cl, never late on payments (car, house, cc's, etc...), plus was never late before BK either. Make over 100k, own a home and car, 1 to 2% utilization and over $13,000 of total credit available.

Anyway, I only have two payments left on my car. Should I apply before I pay off the car or wait until my credit reports show is paid off and then apply.

I am thinking that either company would like to see current payments being made rather than another account closed, but with all payment made on time.

Need some thoughts.

I really want the Discover IT card, I think that would be better for my credit than a Barclays.

Thanks

PG
              Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
              Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
              Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Comment

Paying off an installment loan has very little effect on your credit score. It will not raise it and may lower it.

The reason is because (a) installment loans do not matter as much as revolving accounts when figuring a credit score, and (b) paying off an installment loan changes the credit mix for the worse.

It seems backwards, but that's how credit scores work. There is no benefit to waiting a few months to pay off your auto loan.

Regarding Discover it v. Barclays, I have both. The Barclays is meh. I use the Discover it often. YMMV.

BTW, I hope your 1-2% utilization of credit cards does not mean you carry a balance and thus pay interest on credit card debt. If so, I encourage you to use the money you will no longer pay towards a vehicle to pay those balances off as soon as possible.

Comment

It depends on what Barclay's card you are talking about. For my household I personally find that the Sallie Mae card by Barclay's is great for us. 5% back on gas, groceries, and Amazon (up to $250 with the gas and groceries, and $750 for Amazon per cycle). My husband and I both have Discovers and Barclay's Sallie Mae, and hands down the SM gets the most use. Barclays is also better with CLI. Their websites are equally good, I prefer the Barclay's app over the Discover, but Discover's customer service is AMAZING.

I would personally go for both and just use one when the other is not sufficient.
                  Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
                  Discharged: August 2010
                  A life lesson well learned.

Comment

I was declined for Barclay's Sallie Mae card. Mine is a Barclay Rewards.

Comment

I just received the Merrick Bank double your line pre-approved offer in the mail and it does say that it comes with a no cost monthly FICO score.

I filled out the application online and was not instantly approved, it could be because the address they had for me was slightly incorrect and I told it that the address on the offer did not match my address and corrected it. (Years ago I had a small office and had all my bills mailed there. When I closed the office and switched all my bills to come to my home one of my creditors must have not deleted the suite number field from my address in their system and then started reporting my address to the credit bureau with my home address combined with my suite number from my old office. I have never been able to correct this for some reason so I still get credit offers in the mail with this incorrect address).
                      Filed ch7 6/7/14 Discharged 9/16/14 Case closed 10/1/14

Comment

Originally posted by scotthay View Post
                        I have never been able to correct this for some reason so I still get credit offers in the mail with this incorrect address).
                        Did you try to file disputes with the credit bureaus to correct your address?
                        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X