top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage sold after discharge, both lenders are on credit report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage sold after discharge, both lenders are on credit report?

SO, here I am a couple years out of my Ch 7 and came across just two issues still floating around. The first one should be a simple fix (auto loan rejected reaffirmation, but reporting reaffirmed, charge off) and is taken care of. The one that really concerns me has to do with the mortgage. My discharge was at the end of 2012. Never reaffirmed the mortgage with Bank of America. I got an awesome job offer a couple months later, and moved. BofA set an auction date, a few months later cancelled it, and a few months after that sold the loan to BSI Financial, who went through the foreclosure process. Today I noticed that BofA does show correct - however BSI is also on there. It, too, shows as discharged - but should it be there? They bought the loan after the discharge, so I have never had any dealings with them, aside from trying (unsuccessfully) to get some belongings out of the house before they sold it. I am just thinking that it being there adds another delinquency, since there is nothing indicating that it was the same loan. They aren't even reporting all the details. No balances, amounts or anything. Just dates. Should I even bother asking them about it or disputing it?

Thanks!
    Greg

I would dispute it. It has been a discharged debt since before they owned it. I don't think they have a right to report it on your credit report.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

THanks! That's what I was thinking. I will send in a written dispute, the online dispute never gives enough room to explain the situation! Thanks again

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X