Reaffirmed loans show IIB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaffirmed loans show IIB

Pulled mine and my wifes credit report. Both vehicles show up in the 'negative' category and show included in bankruptcy although our Chapter 7 filings show them as reaffirmed.

The fact is that one of the lenders screwed up their paperwork and the court notified them. It's been awhile but if I remember correctly, they didn't get their corrected paperwork back in before we were discharged. We continued to make payments on both vehicles as planned with NO delinquencies. The correctly reaffirmed vehicle is 1 payment away from being paid off.

The other vehicle was paid off about 10 months ago. It states there was a delinquency about the time we filed, which is not true, and even the monthly payment calendar on the credit report shows ALL payments as paid as agreed.

Should I be able to dispute either or both of these and have them removed as negatives on our credit reports?

You can try to dispute the problem with the credit reporting agencies. However, this reads as though you will need to contact the creditor directly. I might try the dispute angle first (through the CRAs) and then deal directly with the creditor if that does not work. Reaffirming does not guarantee reporting. However, if that which is reported is not accurate, then the law dictates that the report must be corrected.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That's what I figured. I already tried to file a dispute online through Equifax but it kicked me out and now I have to call them to file it. This happened the last two times I tried to dispute something through them......hmmm.

I hope that if I can get these two removed from a negative standing that it will give a nice bump to our credit scores. I discharged over $40k through AMEX and they show the account closed by them but in good standing. But the only two we reaffirmed and have paid diligently give us bad rap. Go figure!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X