No announcement yet.

Need help getting collections and errors removed from credit report after Ch7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help getting collections and errors removed from credit report after Ch7

Hi all,

I have some errors on my credit reports from Experian, Equifax and Transunion after ch7 BK discharge. I contacted all 3 agencies and submitted disputes to have the collection accounts removed since they were discharged as of March 2006 Ch7 BK ruling. However, Experian and Equifax wrote me back to tell me that these were accurate and verified. How do I get them to delete these collections as discharged in bankruptcy? Do I need to contact the collection agencies to remove them and send message to Experian and Equifax to have these deleted from my credit reports?
    These Equifax and Experian people are dishonest, incompetent and very difficult. Why are they this way? I have sent them documentation. Can I sue them to get this changed after a ch7 discharge?

Second question:
    I have error on Equifax and Experian stating that I declared a Ch7 Bankruptcy in Fresno and Sacramento county at same time. I contacted Equifax and Experian to delete the Fresno Ch7 entry as I only declared and completed the Ch7 Bankruptcy in Sacramento county and NOT in Fresno. Equifax and Experian both came back and said that it was verified and accurate that I declared bankruptcy in both counties at the same time. How do I get this error fixed to have the entry for Fresno removed?
    It is impossible to have bankruptcy in 2 counties at same time. Why cannot these numbskulls at Experian, Equifax and Transunion figure this out?
    Sorry but I am very frustrated and have been running around in circles the past 3 months with these clowns at Experian, Equifax and Transunion.

Thanks,
    Scott

I doubt anyone has had your specific problem before, and I've never even heard of such a thing. But my advice to you is to call each agency, calmly, respectfully, and polite to the representative you speak with. Explain how much trouble you've had with this, and if there is anything they recommend you do to get it fixed correctly this time. Thats how I finally got mine fixed. The representative lady's advice I was given on accounts not showing up correctly, was to dispute them as 'not coded correctly', and it worked in days not weeks. So theres plenty these people can do to help if you are nice and persistent, as they really don't have any other motivation or interest to help you.

Comment

Ok

I will try and see what happens. Its just very slow and frustrating process.

Comment

I am going throught the same thing. I sent them documentation and I am waiting to see what happends.
        Orchard Bank Credit Card-(unsecured) $300.00
        Wescom Line of Credit-(secured) $500.00

Comment

Originally posted by jaura6588
          I am going throught the same thing. I sent them documentation and I am waiting to see what happends.
          Really bad idea there.

NEVER EVER EVER send the credit bureaus "documentation." If they can't find out that it belongs there, or what it really should be, they HAVE to remove it by law!
          BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

They sent a letter saying that the CA was "verified". I can not believe that the CA would verify the account when indeed it was included in my BK. So I sent them copies of my schedules, etc.

So I check the mail yesterday and get a letter from Transunion saying that it my request to reinvestigate is "frivolous" and I need to send documentation to prove it. I could not believe my eyes!!!! I just sent them documentation!!! Do they even read what is sent to them??? I seriously do not know what to do from here.

Comment

Originally posted by jaura6588
              They sent a letter saying that the CA was "verified". I can not believe that the CA would verify the account when indeed it was included in my BK. So I sent them copies of my schedules, etc.

So I check the mail yesterday and get a letter from Transunion saying that it my request to reinvestigate is "frivolous" and I need to send documentation to prove it. I could not believe my eyes!!!! I just sent them documentation!!! Do they even read what is sent to them??? I seriously do not know what to do from here.

Again, a really bad idea on your part.
              Now if you go to dispute those items as not mine, they can not be removed.

NEVER send the credit bureaus any type of schedules, documentation or anything else.
              BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted
                Again, a really bad idea on your part.
                Now if you go to dispute those items as not mine, they can not be removed.

NEVER send the credit bureaus any type of schedules, documentation or anything else.
                Okay, then how do you get the accounts to report correctly?

Comment

Check out these online resources for the most effective ways to correct credit report errors:
                  We’re sorry, we can’t find the page you're looking for.

This article explains the basics of a consumer credit report and consumer credit rating. The Credit Guru

Remember that only time can remove accurate negative information from your credit report - accounts discharged through bankruptcy, for example. Just be sure the code shown is correct for the specific situation. Hope this helps!
                  I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                  06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                  07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                  10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                  01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                  09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                  06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                  08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                  Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thanks alot for those links. I guess I will just have to contact the CA directly. This is a lot of work!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X