A little bit about Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little bit about Chase

Everyone speaks about American Express,well, here goes about Chase.

We filed in Oct 2005 and were discharged in March 2006(Rita had everything drawn out) We had had Chase Visa and MC for 28 years. We were exceptionally careful to pay Chase off 8 months before filing. They were not involved in or BK in any way. They canceled our card immedially after filing.

Today I called to see about reinstationg them as 28 years and $200k worth of business might mean something since they were paid infull/never late.

Bank policy across the board is cancel immediatly upon BK.

We need to add Chase as an 'unfriendly' CC!

Gail

Yea, we hate chase but for other reasons.

We paid every month on time. They ran a credit check, saw we missed a payment on another account. Jacked our rate from 15% to 29.999% They are the reason we filed.

Comment

Originally posted by FraggleRock
      Yea, we hate chase but for other reasons.
      OOOHHHH, Don't even get me started on Chase. I could get in trouble for serious slander. Let's just say if Chase was the last mortgage company or credit card in the world and I needed one, I would rather be homeless and penniless!
      Filed: 08/09/06
      341: 09/18/06
      Discharged: 11/22/06
      Closed 11/30/06

Comment

Well I think its unanimous, everyone hates chase. I hate citi even more. But unfortunately after bk, you will probably end up hating just about every lender, as they can and still are all trying to rip you off but even worse.

Comment

We liked citi, they were pretty good to us.
          Filed 09/05
          Discarged 1/2/06
          Closed 1/13/06

Comment

the MAIN reason i filed BK is because Chase, Citi, and MBNA increased my rates! i had NEVER; i mean NEVER had any late payments or any negative history at all on my credit. I stress NEVER..perfect. They said my balances were high. But I was doing ok and making on time payments. But I'm better off now, but I was po'd at the time!! raised from 9-12% to 29% ...all of them!!
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I too had a Chase card with a $16,900 limit and the balance was zero when I filled becuse of a judgement for attorney fees in a lawsuit I was suing Washington Mutual.
              Chase cancelled my card and took 12252 in cash plus rewards.
              At the time my middle FICO score was 821.
              BOA did the same thing with 16251 points on their card.
              Thanks,
              emoney

Comment

Can they do that?

I thought credit card companies could raise the interest rate whenever they wanted and didn't need a reason. I think I read it once in the official agreement (the only time I actually read one of those things ).

Comment

Originally posted by JeepMom View Post
                  We liked citi, they were pretty good to us.
                  Citibank quadrupled my interest rate from 7% to 27%, because my payment was delivered ONE HOUR LATE! Payments were due at 1pm on the due date! How ridiculous is that? Just like the Juniper account that I had recently opened, payments are due on sunday? WTF! So I had to go and do a 2nd payment last minute ETF transfer from my checking account just to get it paid on time, because I knew the payment delivered on saturday wouldn't post until monday. And its a good thing I did, because thats when it cleared... first thing monday morning. After noticing that shananagan, juniper was paid and cancelled.

Comment

Well...I could go on and on about each and every one of the companies listed here.....LOL
                    But the KICKER for me was a dude named "Jerome" at Capital One....this was BEFORE I decided to do BK, but was the MAIN reason that I decided to QUIT and do BK.......
                    Cap One SAT I mean literally SAT on my check for two freakin' weeks......they said I was late 16 days........I live about 2 hours drive from where the payment goes......it NEVER takes more than 2 days to deliver to Dallas....they SAT on it for TWO WEEKS....then had the audacity to send me a LATE bill....PLUS fee PLUS raised my interest from 7% to 29.99% .....
                    I spoke with two people, but Jerome was so flipped and sarcastic....I was shouting at him, he was unbelievable.....anyway, when I hung up the phone, I thought I was gonna have a CORONARY~ .......it was about two minutes later, I decided..."THAT'S IT...I'M TRYING TO PAY THESE FREAKIN' THINGS OFF AND THEY DO THIS....I'M DONE~ .......
                    CAN'T wait to tell "JEROME" i've filed BK........
                    Last edited by CAB_44; 10-08-2006, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Chase And Mbna

My problems started about 5 months ago when Chase allowed a fraudulant charge against 1 of 3 accounts I had with them. This was for a 4500.00 charge that someone was 1 digit off from their card but hit mine instead. This put me about 300.00 over limit. It was Chase that did not check the zip code or the 3 digit code on the back of the card for their customer as required. At the time I had 7 credit cards with 3 at Chase and 3 at MBNA and one with Citicorp. Chase admits it was their mistake but took 3 weeks to correct and I had to file papers with them saying I never charged this 4500.00. I tracked down the lady who charged this and it was her mistake. Her card was 1 digit off mine and she had ordered 4500.00 worth of deck stain for the company she works for. This wasn't even a personal purchase. She sent me the letter she sent to Chase saying it was her fault when she called the order in. In the meantime, my 2.9 % interest rate on that card went to 17.9 and the other two cards went from 1.9% to 18.9 and 0% to 16.9. All due to their error. At the same time MBNA SHUT down all my accounts. Never, never, ever late late with any of these companies. By the way, Citicorp was very nice the first 2 months they did not receive their payment, even after I told them I filed bankruptcy, the young lady on the phone wished me luck and hoped things got better for me. Up until this point in my life I had never missed a payment on anything. My credit scores with 730-749. I never could of or would have thought this could happen to me. But like many others, they raised my rates and cut my credit. Also, like many others, I bought a lot of stuff that I did not need. Now I will spend the next 5 years looking over my shoulder in chapter 13. Every post in this forum, whether I agree or not has been helpful. I hope we all end up in the long end from this. Later

Comment

Also ..FYI......Neither my hubby or I ever had a Chase card........well we started to get a few select cards and our score are looking good, and reports are all fixed.....so we applied for Chase and NADA....only reason given was "bankruptcy reported"...so they are defiantly NOT BK friendly, even if you have NEVER had a card with them.

Comment

CHASE and CHEVY CHASE

Aren't CHASE and CHEVY CHASE one in the same now? I had a Chevy Chase CC and had a CHASE cc, both ended up having the same payment addresses. Chevy Chase I believe is violating the automatic stay, as they are sending me automated letters for payment on their overdraft account, (and I have included that account on my Bk already!)

Catchmeifyoucan
                          July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
                          Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
                          Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
                          Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by texbuilder View Post
                            Everyone speaks about American Express,well, here goes about Chase.

We filed in Oct 2005 and were discharged in March 2006(Rita had everything drawn out) We had had Chase Visa and MC for 28 years. We were exceptionally careful to pay Chase off 8 months before filing. They were not involved in or BK in any way. They canceled our card immedially after filing.

Today I called to see about reinstationg them as 28 years and $200k worth of business might mean something since they were paid infull/never late.

Bank policy across the board is cancel immediatly upon BK.

We need to add Chase as an 'unfriendly' CC!

Gail

Chase has always been that way. So is Bank One, and Bank of America. Soon one day, they will all be just one bank.

Comment

add MBNA as unfriendly as well.....

I had a 13k limit, zero on it, execellent payment history yadda yadda yadda....

they cancelled once they got wind of the bk......i begged and pleaded to re-open, nope, not their policy....

i think most cc companies are in bed together and the ones I did screw, chase, washington mut, are unfriendly as I heard...

I now, have a discover card with 5k limit that survived (so far) bk..... They ran my cred report as recently as august, which was after my filing, and I have been using it for everything, but making sure that is the first bill that gets paid OFF in full EVERY month. I also applied for a credit card with my credit union, got turned down, but got approved for a potential car loan with them. I chose not to get a new car, and applied for a visa with one of my old banks that i no longer have an account with, a credit union. they approved me for 1k limit, unsecured, 18% interest, so i opened up an account with them. I told them of the bk, and they basically gave me the card in person, telling me this is a god way to rebuild..

kudos to RTPFCU in rtp, NC.....

when it comes to buying that new fj, i think they should approve me next year or the next no problem....

they made me feel like i wasn't a loser, and they put trust in me, which i am grateful for...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X