• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried CareCredit? Are they "BK friendly?"

Has anyone tried CareCredit? Are they "BK friendly?"

BK7 Filed: 05/11/06, Discharged: 08/31/06, Closed: 09/14/06
    03/07/07 TrueCredit: EQ 603, TU 591, EX 596
    Credit: $1000 Hooters MC, $200 Target Red, $750 Victoria's Secret (Authorized User), $500 AirTran Visa
    Denied: Wal-Mart, CareCredit, WaMu

Yes they are - to a limit. They were the first card I got out of BK so I could get some dental work done. i got a $500 limit. They suck after that - but no fees.

They are actually GE Moneybank

Comment

Originally posted by flyinghigh
      Yes they are - to a limit. They were the first card I got out of BK so I could get some dental work done. i got a $500 limit. They suck after that - but no fees.

They are actually GE Moneybank
      Do they go by which company you apply with? because GE Moneybank was not BK friendly when I applied with Ikea who is also GE Moneybank.
      Discharged 2/27/06, closed 6/1/06

Comment

CareCredit $1000

I was able to get approved for a $1000 CareCredit account when I applied online today. It will really help with getting dental work done! The only other financing offer I had from another dentist was that they would allow me to write 3 post-dated checks for the 2nd half of the cost, if I paid the 1st half of the cost up front.

With CareCredit, I can get the work done tomorrow (I broke a tooth, yow) and pay for it over 1 year or sooner. As long as I make monthly payments, there is no interest. Not all of their accounts are no interest, but the only one my dentist will accept is. I'm happy!

tess
        Filed: August, 2003
        Discharged: Thanksgiving Eve, 2003

Total Consumer Debt Granted Since BK: $6,100
        Total Consumer Debt Left to Pay Off: $1,300 (Plus $50K+ in Student Loans ... )

Comment

I have a GF who had some surgery done a year or so ago. She couldn't afford to pay the copay amount out of pocket. Didn't have CC $$$'s to charge it, so she got some sort of medical loan. I don't know if it's the same company or not. But it worked for her. She got the surgery she needed with payments that would work in her budget.
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by newstart View Post
            Do they go by which company you apply with? because GE Moneybank was not BK friendly when I applied with Ikea who is also GE Moneybank.
            We've had the same experience.

We had one CC backed by GEMB. $0 balance when we filed. Acct not included in BK. GEMB closed our acct. I applied for a PayPal CC after Discharge. It was backed by GEMB. Denied.
            Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
            Discharged - 12/2006
            Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
            Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Denied by Care Credit last week. took from savings. Was hoping for the 1 year no interest...oh, well.
              Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X