Montgomery Ward BK Friendly!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montgomery Ward BK Friendly!!

The trick is you actually have to purchase something to get the credit. When you place an order it will give you the option of applying for Montgomery Ward Credit. It then approves you for the amount of the purchase. According to the representative at the credit department the credit line will be the amount of the purchase but will remain the same once paid off. It just so happened we need a new kitchen table and chairs and I had saved the money. So I purchased online and will pay off in 3 months. So, not the best deal if you don't already have something you need, but for some it may work out. Not sure yet which CRA they pulled but will update you once it shows up on my truecredit. Hope this helps. Oh, by the way..its only online and catalog, but the quality of the products look great.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

I didn't even know that store still existed, but I remember going there as a kid...

Comment

Didn't that compamy go BK??lol I remember in the 80's my mom would go shopping there..LOL However they closed all the stores, at least in IL back years & years ago....I wonder...sounds like a Fingerhut account..those are OUTRAGEOUS rates...be aware!!!

Comment

They pulled Equifax from mine. I have made a couple orders from them and it's great.
        working on getting stuff off the reports hoping to see at least 150 point + in the next six months...can i do it ?

credit since bk in july 05:

Premier :$300
        Aspen : $300
        Wards: TBA

Comment

Which rates are high???? I didn't list the rates. Its actually 21% which is the norm for dept. store rates. The quality of items are similar to sears/JC penney, etc.... There were actually Montegomery Ward Stores in my hometown in Louisiana until last year. I wouldn't compare to fingerhut! Not even close. I am choosing to pay over 3 months. There is no yearly fee, and its a normal revolving account. Maybe you misunderstood my post.

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith
            Which rates are high???? I didn't list the rates. Its actually 21% which is the norm for dept. store rates. The quality of items are similar to sears/JC penney, etc.... There were actually Montegomery Ward Stores in my hometown in Louisiana until last year. I wouldn't compare to fingerhut! Not even close. I am choosing to pay over 3 months. There is no yearly fee, and its a normal revolving account. Maybe you misunderstood my post.
            My exboyfriend had a "Monkey Wards" (as we called it) credit card, when they had actual physical stores here in Illinois YEARS 13 plus years ago.
            The rates were outrageous back then, and I see by your recent post still are. We don't want any department store cards, and never will apply for those for that same reason....the rates. The reason I said it reminds me of Fingerhut, cause it sounds the same...monthly payments, high interest, and only purchase though catalog.
            I was never impressed by their merchandise, they had old lady clothes, old styles, and the furniture was cheap.

However......
            I'm glad you had good luck. ..I guess they must have stepped it up. I for one will still take a pass.

Comment

pink amulet,
              why do so many of your posts have a sarcastic undertone? We are hopefully all here for the same reason; to help each other. Just curious if I'm the only one who's noticed.

Comment

pink amulet,
                why do so many of your posts have a sarcastic undertone? We are hopefully all here for the same reason; to help each other. Just curious if I'm the only one who's noticed.

Excuse me?? "SO MANY of my posts????"...like what? Examples please......
                I told you MY feeling, and MY experiences, and I WISHED you luck....Don't EVER accuse me of being here for any other reasons, but to share my experiences ALONG with others. We went through BK just like the rest of people here. I have thoughts and I am able to express them. Maybe someone can benefit from other's past negative experiences. ISN'T that what we are all here for?? GEESH!!

Do you come down on everyone who disagrees with you?

Comment

pink amulet,
                  You might be, because I haven't. She is a valuable member and resource to this website.

I won't use the dept store cards either, that was excellent advice. With the exception of my circuit city card, which is a chase visa and not a card that can only be used at their store.

Comment

I think Cindy was just offering a suggestion that some might find helpful, there is nothing wrong with that. Take it if you want, leave it if you dont.
                    But I dont think Pink is a sarcastic person either, I think there was some misunderstanding there.

Comment

agreed. i took it wrong.

Comment

thanks for the info on wards, for a person who may be having trouble getting trade lines that could be a start. I actually like some of wards things.
                        Discharged 2/27/06, closed 6/1/06

Comment

New info on MW. They do not report to CRA unless deliquent and it goes to collections!!! BTW...I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kitchen table. Nice quality. But as far as helping rebuild credit...NOT. Anyway just though I'd update.

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
                            New info on MW. They do not report to CRA unless deliquent and it goes to collections!!! BTW...I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kitchen table. Nice quality. But as far as helping rebuild credit...NOT. Anyway just though I'd update.
                            That stinks that they don't report. SHOOT
                            working on getting stuff off the reports hoping to see at least 150 point + in the next six months...can i do it ?

credit since bk in july 05:

Premier :$300
                            Aspen : $300
                            Wards: TBA

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X