Yet another dispute question! Pls help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another dispute question! Pls help!

I sent a certified letter to a credit union we had 2 loans through, disputing that they reported from Oct. 05 through April 06 (I believe it was) 30/60/90/120+ all throughout our BK.

We filed Chapt. 7 BK in Oct. 05 and discharged 6/06.

This is the letter I just received from them:

Dear Mr. & Mrs. <name>,

I am in receipt of your letter dated Aug. 14th, 2006 pertaining to inaccurate credit reporting. However, in order to proceed with our research we will require you to supply Triangle Credit Union with the supporting documents from Equifax and TransUnion. Unfortunately, we can not continue until this request has been fulfilled.

If you have any questions please contact me directly at <number and ext>.

Am I obligated to give them this information or is it their duty to figure it out on their own? I don't see how I have to give them any information - my dispute letter told them exactly how they were reporting (status, balance, etc.) and with what CRA. I think that was more than enough info but now they're basically saying they refuse to investigate any further until I provide them a copy of my report to show what they're reporting????

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    BK filed Oct. 05
    Discharged June 06

Post BK (pre-dispute) scores (as of 8/15/06):
    Equifax: 549
    Experian: 545
    TransUnion: 554

SPAY/NEUTER your pets!!

One female cat and her kittens can theoretically produce 420,000 cats in a 7 year period!!! SPAY/NEUTER!!!!

Indoor cats live an average of 17 yrs, outdoor only 4 yrs - you do the math.

I should also mention the other one I received for the student loan I posted about.

I received a letter back from Granite State Management and this was what they had to say:

"You questioned whether GSM&R properly reported the loans to credit bureaus in Oct. 2005, as you thought the reporting may have been done after you filed for bankruptcy. GSM&R reported the loans to credit bureaus on Oct. 16th, 2005, and received notice of your bankruptcy filing on Oct. 24, 2005. Thus these reports were also correctly filed.

We filed BK Oct. 17th I believe it was (of '05).

My other 'food for thought' question - my husband's student loans aren't due until the 15th of every month - so how it is they reported the very next day a late payment? To me it would seem this had to have been reported well after the 16th. Regardless though - if I filed in the month of Oct. - that gives me protection for the same month the bk was petitioned, correct?

Thanks for any advice!

Added note: I just asked my husband and he's almost certain he had a grace period as well - so reporting it on the 16th would almost certainly make it either 1) not true what they are telling us or 2) extremely premature to report.

UPDATED: I called the customer service dept. @ GSM&R tonight and was told my husband's loan(s) are due on the 15th of every month AND it is standard that everyone and anyone w/ a loan w/ them get a 15 day grace period.
    Last edited by macahs; 08-25-2006, 05:23 PM.
    BK filed Oct. 05
    Discharged June 06

SPAY/NEUTER your pets!!

One female cat and her kittens can theoretically produce 420,000 cats in a 7 year period!!! SPAY/NEUTER!!!!

Comment

I would dispute through the CRA instead of the lender. That might work better for you.
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I've done that as well but from my understanding, if a creditor seems to think they're in the right - the dispute stays. This obviously wouldn't be relevant for the credit union but the student loan it would be.

I think I can fight the student loan one reported in Oct. 05 anyways - since they're claiming they reported it to the bureau's one day after it was due - when I've confirmed WHEN the payment was due (15th) and that they automatically give a 15 day grace period. So regardless, it should have never been reported on the 16th.
        BK filed Oct. 05
        Discharged June 06

SPAY/NEUTER your pets!!

Comment

It's Monday so I wanted to call Triangle Credit Union regarding their letter.

Does anyone know if it is their responsibility to get this information or am I supposed to provide it to them?

I just need to know what to say to her if/when I call back.

Thanks!
          BK filed Oct. 05
          Discharged June 06

SPAY/NEUTER your pets!!

Comment

Another related question..

I'm bummed no one has an answer for the question below! If someone has an answer, I'd love to know.. thanks!

My second question is - if you dispute something because it did not state incl. in bk - does that automatically mean it should be deleted from my report, not updated to state 'incl. in bk'? I ask because I've had a few update it that way and others delete - and from my understanding deleting is a lot better.

Thanks!

Originally posted by macahs View Post
            It's Monday so I wanted to call Triangle Credit Union regarding their letter.

Does anyone know if it is their responsibility to get this information or am I supposed to provide it to them?

I just need to know what to say to her if/when I call back.

Thanks!
            BK filed Oct. 05
            Discharged June 06

SPAY/NEUTER your pets!!

Comment

You can dispute reporting to your credit report but quite often it will just be updated...... if you expect it to be removed....... it's not going to be or rare if it is.......

They either have to correct it (if you can prove it) or delete it......

Maybe someone else here can help (that's more knowledgable) with the other problems your experiencing with your credit score.

Minny
              Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X