Paying Off 401k Loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying Off 401k Loans

The "afterglow" of the home sale is fast fading as we witness the final payoff of the two available 401K loans one of two used to buy the original investor shack that sent us directly to BK13 purgatory (the other was defaulted on during my husband's 2019 unemployment /deferrment period but only amounts to under 3k for which we will cheerfully pay the tax penalties on next year's taxes) and the larger recent 33K loan used to secure our passage out of Colorado.
    While some may feel that paying these loans over many years makes more sense, we want to be out of under monthly reoccurring debt as long as possible (except for the ongoing rent , monthly utilities and fitness center/yoga studio dues). We will save interest in the long term and can better budget the remaining funds left to us in the short term.
    We are debating how to replace both ailing cars and are leaning to paying cash for one, and maybe financing the lesser (cheaper) car which will undoubtably be mine. These old battle axes are scheduled to arrive on the car transporter tomorrow and may or may nor run upon arrival.
    The 2013 Sentra has a leaking transmission (which was replaced to the tune of $3,800 during the BK13 last year but is already out of warranty) while my 2005 Sentra, aside from body rust and many annoying little side issues, has either an electrical short or broken fan and no longer provides heat or AC when either knob is turned on. Both cars have worn out seats which are not conducive to maintaining a healthy back.
    Needless to say, we are not in the market for another Nissan, LOL!
    We are grateful we could come out of this financial quicksand with as much money as we did, considering all we survived over those harrowing five years.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X