No announcement yet.

How much do you spend on food, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't go cheap with detergent for my HE front loader.

Originally posted by jenopher View Post
    Anyone have any ideas on the cheapest yet still decent quality laundry detergent for the HE front load machines?

Comment

We're a family of 4=myself, dh, dd 15yrs, ds 12yrs. I just upped my groc. budget to $125/week. Every year we buy 1/3 cow with our tax return. With packaging and everything it comes to $2.99/lb. We make a trip to Sam's Club 2-3 times each year. Here lately it's the vegetables and dairy that seem to be going thru the roof. After our BK7 is complete in Aug. we're hoping to be able to build a greenhouse to grow our vegetables all winter...then I could also grow my flowers for my flowerbeds which would save me a fortune!
      May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7
      June 13, 2008 - 341 Meeting
      August 12, 2008 - Last day for objections... August 18, 2008 - Discharged!
      August 26, 2008 - CASE CLOSED!

Comment

We are a family of 5 in MA...myself, DH, 6-year old son and 3-year old twin girls. We are up to about $1200 a month (includes paper goods, hygiene products, etc.). Does not include diapers\wipes for the girls. Our grocery bill has gone up about $200 - $300\month over the past several months.
        Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
        341 Meeting - 08/13/08
        DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
        CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

Originally posted by TX Bluebonnet View Post
          Sorry for such a long, complaining post. Any thoughts or ideas or true stories about how someone turned their partner around to the idea of staying within a budget would be greatly appreciated.
          Is he involved in creating the budget? Can you get him to sit down with you and help you do it? Perhaps this might get him the see the reality of the situation.

We had a huge fight a while back ending with him actually looking at the budget, which seemed to have helped his attitude. I hope it lasts. Before that it was like I was just being mean to him or something. He just didn't seem to get it.
          Don't worry about a thing
          'Cause every little thing gonna be alright - Bob Marley

Comment

The total amount for groceries this month is 1200$.

Comment

id say around 300-350 a month
              retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
              10/30/10- WEDDING!!
              09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TX Bluebonnet View Post
                Any thoughts or ideas or true stories about how someone turned their partner around to the idea of staying within a budget would be greatly appreciated.
                For us it was the opposite. I handled, if you wanna call it that, all the finances and my DW didn't really want any part in it. However, once I sat her down and showed her how bad this really was, she is on board 110%. We have a 3 year old and a 4 week old. My wife has become one of those crazy coupon ladies. She just got 20 bottles of shampoo and conditioner for $3. Yes, $3. If you know how to work the system, sometimes they pay you to take their merchandise. Our grocery, household supplies, and paper products budget is set at $160 a month. Usually, we are a little under that. And, the crazy thing is, it is all name brand stuff.
                9/03/08...Chapter 7 Filed
                10/06/08...341 Meeting Done!!! No Objections
                12/08/2008...Case Discharged and Closed!!!

Comment

One thing that I've learned is to not worry about being brand loyal and to shop sales. I buy very little that I don't have a coupon for or isn't on sale.
                  Filed Chapter 7 4/29/08
                  341 Survived 5/27/08
                  Discharged 8/19/08
                  Case Closed 9/08/08

Comment

Originally posted by rickisbroke View Post
                    One thing that I've learned is to not worry about being brand loyal and to shop sales. I buy very little that I don't have a coupon for or isn't on sale.
                    Have you been informed on Angelfoodministries.com ? Great food at a great price and no conditions. They are in kits but you may purchase as many as you wish. 'Hub
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I tried it once. All I have to say is BLECH!
                      Filed Chapter 7 4/29/08
                      341 Survived 5/27/08
                      Discharged 8/19/08
                      Case Closed 9/08/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X