No announcement yet.

Deals on kids clothing..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for the added suggestions. I have to say Craigs List is my new best friend. I have made friends with a woman who has twin boys that are 2 years older than my oldest. She is very reasonable and is going to come to me first when she is getting rid of stuff. The best part is- she doesnt do the whole matching thing so there is a huge variety of stuff. Very cool.

Has anyone been to Target lately? They had some amazing sales a few weeks ago. I got two heavy winter coats for next year for 5 bucks each. I walked out of there with 2 huge bags full (including new flannel sheet sets for everyone that were needed so badly) and I spent less than 100! I think I am going to have to shop end of season sales to stock up for the following year- it is definitely worth it.
    Filed: 3/12/08
    341 Meeting: 4/11/08
    Last day to oppose: 6/10/08

Comment

Deals On Clothes

Kids grow fast and buying new clothes for them as they change sizes can add up quickly. Fortunately, there are a lot of terrific resources for saving money on clothes. You can buy new or gently used-clothing at big discounts by shopping smart and planning your purchases. Recently i have visited one site which may be useful to you.
      Last edited by Minnymouth; 07-25-2008, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Old Navy has great deals. Most of my kids' clothes come from there.

I just wanted to note that most thrift stores spray clothing with pesticides!!! It's not safe to wear the clothing from those stores. Isn't that sad?

Comment

JC Penney's often has the buy-one-get-another-half off deals, which could be a good deal on some things.
          I also have a JC Penney Outlet that is even better (all the stuff that didn't sell at retail, or have slight imperfections)
          Consignment shops for smaller kids, Ross or TJ Maxx. Craigslist, Sears.
          Friends with kids older/younger than mine.
          I don't tend to buy Walmart or Target, they seem to shrink/fall apart at first or second washing.
          Shoes....see my post on 'Shopping with Kids".

Comment

Originally posted by hnhlvr View Post
            Old Navy has great deals. Most of my kids' clothes come from there.

I just wanted to note that most thrift stores spray clothing with pesticides!!! It's not safe to wear the clothing from those stores. Isn't that sad?
            State your source please! I buy from goodwill all the time and have never noticed any pesticide odor on the clothes. Mothball occasionally, but one of my neighbors smells like that all the time.

And no one should wear clothing from a store without washing it. Brand new clothing has enough chemical in it to make you sick.
            Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
            Plan approved- 7/11/05
            Date discharged--10-12-2007
            Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

Originally posted by misikko
              Are baby clothes at $22.99 too expensive or is the price just on average margin?
              Sounds kind of expensive to me. I don't pay that for an outfit for my 8 year old daughter.
              Last edited by Minnymouth; 07-25-2008, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BK2008 View Post
                Sounds kind of expensive to me. I don't pay that for an outfit for my 8 year old daughter.
                My bad...I didn't notice the date of the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Brigandine View Post
                  I am new to the forum too I shop for my daughters clothes at Gymboree, I use there coupons & take advantage of there sales. Most of the stuff i buy her averages at 5.00 each then when she out grows them I ebay it for 2x the amount I paid.

I do this too (notice the name? but BE CAREFUL. I got so roped in to Gymboree. I started with just the sales (and they do have great sales - I've gotten shoes and boots for 99 cents) but for me - it was a slippery slope - since they sell all of their clothes in matching lines - I would get a deal on a shirt or pants and then overspend on the matching, jacket, hair clip, sweater, skirt, etc. I would even call people in other areas and say "Can you go to Gymboree and see if they have this or that - they're sold out in my store..." I was obsessed. Still kind of am so I don't go in there

I justified it because "I can just resell it on ebay!" Which worked when my daughter was an infant but now she "wears" her clothes.

I will say no one beats Gymboree quality. But if you go in there, especially if you have a little girl, shop smart and don't get overbuy! (Like me Learn from my mistakes)

Comment

I think this thread got spammed- 2 links to kids clothes from people with one post. Like I would ever pay 22 dollars for an outfit for my baby he wears once, pukes on and then outgrows before I get it on him again. Dont think so!
                    Filed: 3/12/08
                    341 Meeting: 4/11/08
                    Last day to oppose: 6/10/08

Comment

I normally go to Kohl's Dept Store for clothes. I have a 2 year old little boy and when Kohl's has their clearance sales, I buy ahead for next year. I can get tops for $2 or $3 and shorts for $4.

As for my daughter, she's almost 7 and a little harder to buy for. She's in an 8/10 and I shop at Gymboree for her. I've searched far and wide for clothes for her that aren't "Hilary Duff" or "Hannah Montana", but to no avail. Everything at Kohls, Sears, Target, even Wal Mart is too grown up in my opinion. I can't send her to school (Catholic) with low cut jeans and low cut tops. So, I watch out for sales at Gymboree and wait for coupons to show up in the mail.
                      Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
                      341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
                      Last day for objections: 7-14-08
                      Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

Originally posted by Stilltheone View Post
                        I normally go to Kohl's Dept Store for clothes. I have a 2 year old little boy and when Kohl's has their clearance sales, I buy ahead for next year. I can get tops for $2 or $3 and shorts for $4.

As for my daughter, she's almost 7 and a little harder to buy for. She's in an 8/10 and I shop at Gymboree for her. I've searched far and wide for clothes for her that aren't "Hilary Duff" or "Hannah Montana", but to no avail. Everything at Kohls, Sears, Target, even Wal Mart is too grown up in my opinion. I can't send her to school (Catholic) with low cut jeans and low cut tops. So, I watch out for sales at Gymboree and wait for coupons to show up in the mail.
                        Ummm...it's the Jonas Bros and Camp Rock now...

Nothing like contributing to Disney's bottom line!

Comment

The Children's Place still seems to have clothes geared for kids, not hootchie mama wannabe's (my constant argument with DD, she's only 8).

And my son is so skinny, they have the jeans with the adjustable waist, and I buy them on sale, too. Coupons in the mail.

Comment

I plan on going to Once Upon A Child and Kid-To-Kid before school starts. I can usually find some good stuff. I will start there and then buy a couple outfits from Wal Mart/ Target. I like Target's clothes.

My 16 year old, however, wants some Hot Topic stuff peppered into his wardrobe. Luckily he had a birthday and got some money from the grandmas. He's also job hunting. LOL
                            "You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy."
                            6/16/08: Attorney approached lenders to surrender old home
                            8/26/08: Met w/attorney RE: filing BK
                            9/29/08: Filing Chapter 7

Comment

Originally posted by BK2008 View Post
                              Ummm...it's the Jonas Bros and Camp Rock now...

Nothing like contributing to Disney's bottom line!
                              My brother works for Disney, so I already contribute to their bottom line when we go on our yearly vacations there.

Regardless, I get the whole "hoocie mama" thing. Drives me crazy...my daughter is only going into 2nd grade...she can't wear the things that are on those shelves!!! It's ridiculous!
                              Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
                              341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
                              Last day for objections: 7-14-08
                              Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

Consignment, consignment, consignment all the way. Most of the time I don't even spend any money out of pocket, because we also consign his old clothes and the toys he no longer wants to play with, so we have a credit at the store. (That's the way most of those shops work -- if you consign something, when they sell it you get a % of the sales price as a store credit.) At the one where we shop it's usually between $2 and $3.50 for shirts, shorts and pants. The only thing we buy new is socks and undies, and those we get at Target.

*atlan*

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X