Angel Food recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angel Food recipes

I keep meaning to mention that I was looking up a recipe for something or other last week, and I found a blog dedicated entirely to recipes using the ingredients in each month's Angel Food distribution. I just tried to find it again, and was astonished to find that a Google search for "angel food ministries recipes" elicits 361,000 hits - it seems to have spawned a whole cottage industry!

The one I found (just because I liked the name) was http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/angelfood/, but hunt around.

Maybe this is old news to you all, but I was amazed.
    Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
    341 meeting: July 18, 2008
    last day for objections: September 16, 2008
    DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

This is a great link. Thanks for sharing. I love to collect recipes.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

OMG, I LOVE Hillbilly Housewife!!! That is an awesome site. Thanks for posting this!
      Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
      Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
      60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

Oh wow just what I needed right Angela? lol....I've been trying to figure out how in the world to cook this food the right way. I just made the pork loin last night. It turned out ok, I put it in an oven bag with veggies and an apple. Thanks so much....

Comment

sorry if this is 'sort of' off topic (though not completely lol)

I searched for the post on this site about Angel Food Ministries--one of our members was kind enough to actually POST PICTURES of the food she received--And that really motivated me to check it out--And now I am involved too--I will get my 1st 2 boxes next saturday--And I want to post pics too--this way if someone else is curious--they can do a 'look-see' and decide.

Would someone kindly post a link to the forum post where the pics are???
          Thanks much!!!

And I have been to the Hillbilly housewife site once--neat site. I did not realize they were involved with AFM and had recipes--I will be checking that site out again!!! I am a "way frugal" (read:cheap) professional myself lol...it was my medical issues that made me broke, not living beyond my means, I'd love to get inolved in a site like that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Catia View Post
            sorry if this is 'sort of' off topic (though not completely lol)

I searched for the post on this site about Angel Food Ministries--one of our members was kind enough to actually POST PICTURES of the food she received--And that really motivated me to check it out--And now I am involved too--I will get my 1st 2 boxes next saturday--And I want to post pics too--this way if someone else is curious--they can do a 'look-see' and decide.

Would someone kindly post a link to the forum post where the pics are???
            Thanks much!!!

And I have been to the Hillbilly housewife site once--neat site. I did not realize they were involved with AFM and had recipes--I will be checking that site out again!!! I am a "way frugal" (read:cheap) professional myself lol...it was my medical issues that made me broke, not living beyond my means, I'd love to get inolved in a site like that!!!
            That was me. The pics are on page 2 of this thread: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=28062 I'll try to post pics again on Saturday if I can. That's when our pick-up day is, too.

I found the Hillybilly Housewife site ages ago, but haven't checked back in quite some time. I didn't know she had AFM recipes now. I'll definitely check it out!
            Filed Chapter 7 (Medical Bills) - 12/16/04
            341 Meeting - 1/28/05 | Discharged - 3/31/05 | Case Closed, No Assets - 7/5/05
            Update 2/15/11 - Still totally debt-free except for the mortgage, which we're paying down quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Annika View Post
              That was me. The pics are on page 2 of this thread: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=28062 I'll try to post pics again on Saturday if I can. That's when our pick-up day is, too.

I found the Hillybilly Housewife site ages ago, but haven't checked back in quite some time. I didn't know she had AFM recipes now. I'll definitely check it out!
              I love Hillbilly Housewife. Mrs Maggie, the lady who founded it, has sold the website and now has another. It is Frugal Abundance and has lots of good recipes and advice on it also.
              Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
              Plan approved- 7/11/05
              Date discharged--10-12-2007
              Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

OK, Mrs. and I have purchased two times. We have yet to go through the first months food as we live on the river and are blessed with fish and we like fish. The pork roasts things were very disappointing. but we just don't know how to cook them. I suggested to Mrs. we smoke them in oak and cut them fine. You all know, just like you would a possum or raccoon.

We see in all, a very worthwhile amount of food, but none that would be anything other than basics. and you still have to augment. We are not at all displeased. At this time, I would say, we have spent five bucks of food to date and have the rest in freezer and storable. Mostly because of fish and in winter when they go dormant we have wonderful rations. I encourage all to try it. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Heres another site that looks good

Comment

Are the AFM boxes really bargains? I was looking at their site, and just guessing some math in my head, and wasn't sure.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                      You all know, just like you would a possum or raccoon.

Please tell me that the possum/raccoon thing was a joke.....please
                      Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
                      341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
                      Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X