What I found out about Angelfoodministries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I found out about Angelfoodministries

Mrs. and I have signed up for their once a month distribution. I must have sounded a bit humbled or embarrassed to ask for this help. The kind person said we have no economic constraint as we actually purchase this food in bulk and therefore need all the purchasers possible. He said it did not matter the need or the lack of need. What they do need is many purchasers so that those who can afford it make the purchase in bulk economical for those who really need it. He said it is a pay as you go. However, some Church members will pay for a person who cannot so there are some anonymous members to help those who really don't have the money.

I think Flamingo, or Cali brought this up. I advise all who need a break (like don't we all?) to investigate this organization. I think it wonderful. 'Hub
    Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 09-03-2008, 02:28 PM.
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

I glad to hear that you and Mrs Cat are utilizing this program. I checked into it myself and found that the distribution site is very close. It's always good to know of programs like this for people in need (or ourselves at times!).

Thank you to the OP!
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
      I glad to hear that you and Mrs Cat are utilizing this program. I checked into it myself and found that the distribution site is very close. It's always good to know of programs like this for people in need (or ourselves at times!).

Thank you to the OP!
      LIz' as I said, they WANT you to use this service as they are out of Georgia and have many sites. It looks like a big service, and they are getting cut rate for quantity. They only distribute once a month. I shall report our product but this month it is the 27th. You must pay ahead. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Funny, I just placed my order today. I ordered myself the regular package and my Grandpa 4 packages. He lives alone and doesn't cook. He will love this!

I have a friend on unemployment who didn't qualify for food stamps, she's the one who told me about this program. I'm passing the information on to as many as I can!
        May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7
        June 13, 2008 - 341 Meeting
        August 12, 2008 - Last day for objections... August 18, 2008 - Discharged!
        August 26, 2008 - CASE CLOSED!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          I think Flamingo, or Cali brought this up. I advise all who need a break (like don't we all?) to investigate this organization. I think it wonderful. 'Hub
          The OP that brought this to our attention is NowImDownInIt.

I will be going and making our payment tomorrow.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I used this program before

My MIL got us into this when we lived in TN and had no jobs. The way it was explained to me was that they buy in bulk as 'Hub said, and use a lot of the larger bulk items in churches for meals, and then sell the remaining bulk items to the public at a cut rate. We used them for about 3 months when we moved there --until we got on our feet buying more regular groceries, then after that supplemented by splitting an order with my MIL for a couple months. You get a lot of food. The meat/ veggies are mostly commercial-type in large bags, etc. then some regularly packaged food (mac & cheese, toaster strudels, frozen rolls etc). We were given a "menu" of choices for that month, you pay ahead and go pick up the food in a line at the church with your basket (you take laundry baskets to put your food in).

I actually did go a few times and helped carry baskets to the car for people that needed assistance and everyone is so thankful for the food. It's a great program and a win win for the organization and the public.
            "You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy."
            6/16/08: Attorney approached lenders to surrender old home
            8/26/08: Met w/attorney RE: filing BK
            9/29/08: Filing Chapter 7

Comment

THANK YOU Nowdowninit. You have done a very fine job to help others. Now those who are helped, when WE recover, let us help them. Volunteer or aid. 'Hub

P.S. Thanks Mrs. for the correction, HHMMMMMMMMM

Comment

We've been getting food from AFM since March. I can't say enough good things about them!

The first time we ordered, I half-expected that the food would be out-of-date, the cans would be dented, etc. But every single thing has been fresh and in tip-top condition. Sometimes the brand names are ones we haven't heard of, but don't let that scare you. I can honestly say that everything has been delicious. I And you get so much food!

As far as picking up the food, my husband takes a box or our laundry basket with him. The local pick-up location is just a mile or so down the road, and he's back in 10-15 minutes. He says they're crowded with people, but they're so efficient that you're in and out VERY fast. There was one time he had to wait a few minutes, but they were short-handed that day.

They've been a HUGE help, especially lately, with my husband's work hours being cut. Both freezers are jam-packed with food, and it's better stuff than we would be able to afford at the grocery store. In fact, about all we buy at the store now is side dishes to go with the AFM food.

Sometimes I order multiples of the specials if it's something we really like. Their chicken is especially yummy!

Don't be afraid to give them a try!

P.S. If you're not religious, don't worry. There's no sermon or anything like that. You just pick up your food, and you're out the door. You do get a religious booklet, which you can read if you want. The back of the booklet has the next month's menu on it (it's on their website, too).
                Filed Chapter 7 (Medical Bills) - 12/16/04
                341 Meeting - 1/28/05 | Discharged - 3/31/05 | Case Closed, No Assets - 7/5/05
                Update 2/15/11 - Still totally debt-free except for the mortgage, which we're paying down quickly!

Comment

Annika: Thank you. Folks when you can, help them back. I shall. 'Hub

Comment

Wow, I just checked their menu and it seems amazing. Thank you.

Comment

Cool, Cool. er did that come out right? I mean great, Cool. 'Hub

Comment

I will vouch for Angel Foods as well. With 3 kids and me being the only wage earner we usually buy two packages and then my wife goes and gets it. It is a massive help as food prices really have seemed to have jumped. Between this and the hunting I did last year and will do this year for meat we have saved a fair amount on some staples.
                        Jake

Comment

I just went and paid for our order today. I ordered 1 Reg. Package for and the extra 5 premade meals for family of 4 for us. Then my mom paid for my Grandpa's 4 Senior Packages. That should be so nice for him. We figure he can share with his girlfriend, since she has a hard time getting around also.
                          May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7

Comment

Latest on this wonderful program

Mrs. and I were contacted by a very nice person. At this time our phone is off, so he did the cell phone thing. I was told to call ahead as the person on site at the church is a volunteer.

We went in; this person was so kind. We hung our heads as we were always the helpers now we are the helpees.

She assured us that no matter what your income is, you are welcomed. I asked since a box is one week for four, and we are two, could we get two boxes for the month? She said "you may order as much as you wish. You must bring your own box, but if you have none we will supply it." I assured her we would be prepared.

I asked what would you take in payment a check or cash? She said, we would prefer cash, if you can. I have always kept an emergency C bill for my car, or tow, or whatever, and I was pleased to surrender that. I shall make it up later. They also take food stamp vouchers.

She, is the third person who told me that it does not matter what condition or income you are in. What a wonderful thing. We sure do need it now.

Please folks, go to the website and use this system, as they need to order in bulk to get discounts. I was assured of this.

GBWY 'Hub

Comment

ACHub - The lady at the church yesterday told me most people take a laundry basket to put their food in. We have big recycling bins we'll take. I'm definately going to make dh go with the 1st time I pick my food up. I think it's awesome too that you can make any type of amount of money and still take advantage of this. It's even better they have it for those who are struggling.
                              May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X