BK & Loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK & Loan

FYI, I moved this thread to the proper section of the forum.

If your husband if filing and not you, then you should be able to acquire a loan for the reason of returning to school. Even if you're filing jointly, the BK wouldn't dis-qualify for a school loan.
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

I saw in the direct loan application , they do creidt ckeck. So it is possible. could you
      please explain ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kim2009 View Post
        I saw in the direct loan application , they do creidt ckeck. So it is possible. could you please explain ?
        It is possible to get student loans after filing bankruptcy. Read all about it here - http://www.finaid.org/questions/bankruptcy.phtml . Pay special attention to the first section, Bankruptcy and Eligibility for Financial Aid. Good luck to you!
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
          It is possible to get student loans after filing bankruptcy. Read all about it here - http://www.finaid.org/questions/bankruptcy.phtml . Pay special attention to the first section, Bankruptcy and Eligibility for Financial Aid. Good luck to you!
          go directly through the governent site; www.ed.gov
          They will check your credit to see if you've defaulted on a student loan. Other than that- they won't deny you based on credit. Their student loans are based on need. Private lenders on the other hand- will deny you due to credit. Or give you an outrageous interest rate. The federal loans are capped at 6.8%, and your school will verify for them how much you qualify for in regards to tuition fees.
          Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
          341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
          Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
          Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X