Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listing student loans on Schedule F

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this post belongs here or in the pro se section, since I'm filing my own paperwork, but I have a question about listing student loans.
    Thus far, the student loans I have listed on Schedule F are from what is listed on my credit reports, but I noticed a huge discrepancy between those listed on my credit reports, and those listed at the NSLDS website. So my question is, should I just worry about those listed on the credit reports, or list everything on NSLDS as well, despite that there are loans on my reports that aren't even on the NSLDS site?

Thanks!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

Well, since student loans are not generally discharged, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But, I would list everything that you are aware of. Credit reports are not always the most accurate so if you have more information than what is listed on your credit report, then list what you know.
    I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
    Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

List everything.

If you have private student loans, those won't show up on the NSLDS site.

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. I think what I'm going to do is go by what is listed on NSLDS because I was told by a financial aid counselor that I had approximately $20,000 left in loans from my undergraduate studies, and the amount on NSLDS is approximately $35,000,which would put me around $20,000 from the aggregate. If I try to add in those listed on the credit report, the amount shoots up a huge amount, so I'm assuming that the amounts on the credit report may be already be listed on NSLDS as part of a larger amount, if that makes any sense.

I don't think I'm gonna let it get me too worried...if they need further clarification, I'll be more than happy to divulge the situation at the 341.

Thanks again!!

Comment

they're not dischargable so the trustee won't even look at them during the 341.

Comment

Regardless of how it gets reported, you DO know what the actual amount owed is, right? Just askin' because I know I'd be scratching my head if there was a $15k difference between what I thought I owed and what was reported as owed. As long as you know for sure, that's what's important.
            OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Peeps View Post
              Regardless of how it gets reported, you DO know what the actual amount owed is, right? Just askin' because I know I'd be scratching my head if there was a $15k difference between what I thought I owed and what was reported as owed. As long as you know for sure, that's what's important.
              Hi peeps,
              The amount is somewhere in the ballpark of 35,000. What I decided on doing was going on the NSLDS website and listing every disbursement that has been made throughout my undergraduate career. In this way, I feel more confident that despite the fact that none of them are dischargeable, I covered as much ground as I could in listing them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X