The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone else filed a complaint with the OCC concerning private student loan banks (the ones with N.A. in their name)? I've had a favorable experience in doing so. Does anyone know if the banks are required by some law to answer these types of complaints?

Umm, if you had a favorable experience, what exactly is the issue.

Also, you might as well enlighten us, what are you trying to accomplish with these complaints vis-a-vis your student loans?

Comment

I was more curious if it's common for people to use that outlet for complaints and if it's ever helped anyone resolve anything with these banks.

Comment

Originally posted by gml120 View Post
        I was more curious if it's common for people to use that outlet for complaints and if it's ever helped anyone resolve anything with these banks.

i have spoken with them directly....about my FHA mortgage........since Chase has refused to foreclose and we wanted our names off the deed.....apparently they are suppose to be the "final" word and the agency that governs all complaints dealing with banks......i spoke to the office in Washington DC.....and was told they will investigate any complaint dealing with the bank and they were the only agency having the "power" to resolve any banking complaint.....i have yet to file the complaint, but they really encouraged me to do so.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Definitely file it. It made Key Bank do alot of work responding to my complaint. It really didn't change the outcome of what happened to me but I did get a personal phone call from the director in charge of private student loans at Key. Small victory, yes, but I was happy to actually to talk to someone higher up than the usual morons you usually get on the phone.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X