Recent Ninth Circuit Court Ruling - Student Loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Ninth Circuit Court Ruling - Student Loans

An Oregon man prevaled in a suit related to partial forgiveness of student loans in a bankruptcy proceeding.

The court's decision can be viewed here:

Hey tree! Been missing you!
    Anything new with you?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Yes, and he fought it all the way to the BAP after it was already remanded and sent back to the District Court! The debtor, in this case, had a Juris Doctorate but could not pass the bar. He was pro se, but he is an atypical pro se debtor. This debtor, after reading the ruling, clearly had tried everything to pay back the student loans including a.) allowing a garnishment for years, b.) offering a lump sum and payments, and c.) trying to consolidate the debt.

It can be done, but this person spent 10 years fighting this student debt (the original case is from May 2003). I do like the debtor's tenacity. I don't know of anyone else who could have gone through 2 appeals and remands and back over 10 years!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X