Telephonic 341 meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telephonic 341 meeting

My 341 will be telephonic. I have the code, etc., and I have emailed my trustee the documents:

Should I email my SS card and DL? Doesn't he need those since they are normally presented at 'in person' meetings? These were not on the checklist of required documents to be sent. I am pro se, so no atty to 'vouch' for my identity. I am very leary about emailing my SS and DL, but I will if I have to.

Will there be a judge present or is it just me and the trustee?

Do you think creditors would be more likely to be present for a telephonic 341 than an in-person one?

Good luck with your 341. I dont know the answer to your questions but I have you in mind as im Pro Se as well

Originally posted by Ekop785 View Post
    I am pro se, so no atty to 'vouch' for my identity. I am very leary about emailing my SS and DL, but I will if I have to.
    I dont know how the SS/ID is presented 'virtually'. But I would be sure to password protect the pdf that contains them. Email the password separately (or perhaps call or snail mail it to them with instructions).
    Last edited by bornfree2; 05-07-2021, 06:10 AM.

Comment

My 341 will be telephonic. I have the code, etc., and I have emailed my trustee the documents:

Should I email my SS card and DL? Doesn't he need those since they are normally presented at 'in person' meetings? These were not on the checklist of required documents to be sent. I am pro se, so no atty to 'vouch' for my identity. I am very leary about emailing my SS and DL, but I will if I have to.
      The Trustee will let you know what you need. I would contact the Trustee again to see if this telephonic hearing is going to be via Zoom or similar videoconference. Or ask how to present identity documents during the hearing.

Will there be a judge present or is it just me and the trustee?
      Judges are not allowed at a 341 Meeting. A 341 meeting, while it can be held in a courthouse, cannot be held in a court room.

Do you think creditors would be more likely to be present for a telephonic 341 than an in-person one?
      That's up to your creditor(s). There's no guessing. No one but your creditor(s) know if they will show for your 341 meeting whether telephonic or in person. Credit unions, where you have a vehicle, almost always show (or appear) for a 341 meeting.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I didn't think the trustee notified pro se filers of required docs. I guess I can just call his office, I just would rather not as it is all a bit intimidating since I have no lawyer.

Comment

The Trustee system expects that the attorney of record knows the process. As a Pro Se you are required to know the process and to communicate with the Trustee. You find the name of the Trustee on your notice or receipt and reach out to them as to what they require specifically. There are some things that are automatic, but there may be other things that they want. Always create and maintain a good relationship with the trustee's office (and the Clerk's office for that matter).
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I know who my trustee is, I just did not want to call his office. But like you said, as a pro se filer, I need to just 'get over it'. so to speak. I will need to communicate with him since apparently, there is more than one list of 'required documents' and I don't know which is most current (some of the lists are not dated).

I have tried to email, but with no reply. I will call his office on Monday.

Comment

You must call their office. You are the attorney-of-record. I know if seems like a mountain and the Trustee office seems formidable, but they people that (usually) work in that office are super nice. You just need to say, up front, that you filed Pro Se and that you need some procedural help in what the Trustee expects. They will help you.

When I first had to talk to not only the Trustee but to creditor attorneys, I too was hesitant. But later it was actually a very professional engagement with all of them even when some things were adversarial.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X