Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting completed yesterday!

First of all thank you to all that post in this forum it has helped me a lot! So to begin....Both my husband and I filed our Chapter 7 Petition on May 30, 2019, and received the 341 Meeting date for June 26, 2019. Pretty fast but I think that was because the attorney we hired is also a Trustee with the same Court so I think that may have had something to do with it....who knows. This post may be a bit too much haha.

Well I was really stressed and worried (and still kind of am until after 60 days) because we are over the median filers but did pass the means test. Our 341 was scheduled for 10am and since I literally work across the street from the Federal Courthouse I didn't have to miss work or be late or any of that, just had to wait for my husband to get there and he works about 15 minutes away so not too far. When we arrived, there was a waiting room for the actual waiting room if that makes any sense (lol). So we sat at the table and waited for our attorney. When she got there we went into the main waiting area and waited to be called by the Trustee. I was expecting a big court room and that everyone would be able to hear our case, that was not how it happened but I was happy at the way it did. The trustee called us by our last name and led us into a room where there was a desk and numerous chairs...then told us we could shut the door (I loved this because it gave each filer privacy). My husband understands and speaks English (but not clearly) so our attorney still wanted to request an interpreter just in case he didn't understand something. So she did just that and the Trustee kind of fumbled a bit and that was when I got really nervous. He stated that had never really had to do this, so my attorney grabbed the intercom phone and dialed the interpreters hotline for him (it really did help that she is a Trustee lol). Once we had the interpreter on the line the Trustee started the session and we had to wait until the interpreter was done interpreting so that we could answer. The trustee asked all the yes/no questions mentioned here and then asked me....So what got you into this debt? To which I replied in English, Medical issues for me. He said okay stayed quiet for about 2 minutes then said the meeting was concluded and we could go. PHEW**

Our attorney said she didn't think we would need to worry about anything else and that our case would be discharged in 60 days. It really does help to invest in an attorney...I was lucky to find her and lucky she took our case because sometimes she doesn't have time...I trust her completely....but I am also a worrier so until we hit the 60 days.....lol
    Last edited by Wonder311; 06-27-2019, 04:55 PM.

Sounds like it went very well! If your attorney is positive try not to worry, try not to worry too much (I know not worrying is impossible!). I am glad to hear it went so well. It's nice they had the interpreter just in case there was a question.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X