top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, What Questions Will The Trustee Ask?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, What Questions Will The Trustee Ask?

I just found the Trustee's Guide and the sample questions that should be asked, based on the Debtor's case!!! They sound familiar!

This is actually from the larger Trustee handbook at the U.S. Trustee's website...

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

This is very helpful, thanks!
    Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
    341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Oh, thanks Justbroke! Good info!
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Thanks JB

Comment

Yes, thank you for that. That is quite the list of questions.
          Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
          341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
          Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
          Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

Great, thanks for sharing
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Thanks for sharing!
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                I just found the Trustee's Guide and the sample questions that should be asked, based on the Debtor's case!!! They sound familiar!

This is actually from the larger Trustee handbook at the U.S. Trustee's website...

http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/private_...7_Handbook.pdf
                justbroke, my friend, you are too cool for words. Thank you for this link!

Comment

What I was kinda worried about was that the trustee might ask me what is the nature of my disability. Because I have an "invisible" disability, and I am on SSDI. I really don't want to have to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                    What I was kinda worried about was that the trustee might ask me what is the nature of my disability. Because I have an "invisible" disability, and I am on SSDI. I really don't want to have to go there.
                    The Trustee is allowed to go "off script". The questions above are the "standard" questions. The Trustee goes off script if the area needs more "probing" and it can be done within the scope of the 341 Meeting.

I'm unsure if your Trustee will ask that question. If you're with your attorney, perhaps you can tell your attorney before the meeting that you don't want the nature of your disability on the record.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Wow, just got done reading the sample questions in the handbook. Do they ask ALL those questions or just some of them? And how long does it take to get through the 341 meeting? I have accrued nothing but debt. No car, no house, no job.

Comment

Originally posted by maxwellv8670 View Post
                        Wow, just got done reading the sample questions in the handbook. Do they ask ALL those questions or just some of them? And how long does it take to get through the 341 meeting? I have accrued nothing but debt. No car, no house, no job.
                        There's a standard set which are called the "required" questions. That's about 7 questions. All the others are at the discretion of the Trustee and many of the additional questions are to "probe" your responses.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                          There's a standard set which are called the "required" questions. That's about 7 questions. All the others are at the discretion of the Trustee and many of the additional questions are to "probe" your responses.
                          Thank you so much for your response! 7 questions is better than that whole page. LOL.

Comment

I apologize... there are 10 on that first page. They are quite simple though... basically name, SSN, did you read the forms before you signed them, do you know it's a crime to lie on your forms... junk like that.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X