341 Meeting on my Birthday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting on my Birthday!

We had our 341 meeting for our Chapter 7 filing on December 10th (also happens to by my birthday!).

Things seemed to go well. No creditors showed up. The trustee mostly asked me questions about the company I worked for that went out of business last year. I was a corporate officer, but not an equity holder. She mainly wanted to know if they could expect any money out of that, which we do not. She asked me the name of the Trustee in that case, and I surprised myself by being able to answer that question correctly from memory.

We were there for about two hours (about 4 minutes devoted to our case). It was interested watching the other individuals and couples being called up for their case. The only real excitement happened just as we were arriving. Apparently, someone's cell phone went off and the Trustee went on a rampage yelling at the person that she would take the phone away if it happened again. I had put mine on vibrate before leaving the car. I went ahead and just turned it off! When our attorney brought us in to brief us, he told us that this Trustee was very easy going except for cell phones. I told him, that I had gathered as much and turned mine off already!

We live in in Southern California in the San Fernando Valley, so you can imagine it's pretty crowded at these meetings in this area.

I'm happy to have that part behind us, and hoping it is all over soon. Happy birthday to me!

Happy Birthday and Happy 60 Days!
    *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

At my 341 everyone going into the building was asked- before we went into the metal detector - if we had any cell phones or electronic equipment. If we did, we had to go back and leave it in our car.

Comment

ellis2156, this thread is over 3 years old. Please do not revive old threads unless there is a good reason to do so.

ETA: Please feal free to start a new thread to tell us about your 341. It may help calm somebody else's nerves about their upcoming 341 or provide them with good tips like "leave your cell phone in the car."
        Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 05-22-2013, 11:28 AM.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X