How early did you go to your 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How early did you go to your 341?

I was thinking of getting there an hour early in case there's a huge crash on the freeway or something, but then I figured I'd just end up stressing myself out if I sit around for that long. How early did you get to your 341?

4 hours early. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Comment

We have to drop the kids off at school and then be at our 341 a couple of suburbs away by 9.30am. I'll be pleased if we manage to be 10 minutes early! We'll book a taxi so we at least don't have to worry about parking or public transport schedules.

Comment

Our attorney asked us to be there 30 minutes early. We plan on being there about 45 minutes early.

10 minutes early??? No way I cut it that short.
        Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
        "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Our appointment was at 1:30. However, we got there at 12 noon, as we had to drive an hour to get to the courthouse, and it is not in the best neighborhood. Also. it had been years since either of us had been to that city, and there was a lot of new roadways and road construction we had to contend with. Sooooo, as we tend to run a little late to things, we made sure we got there super early!
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I arrived approximately 30 minutes early. There was a central waiting room outside of the 341 rooms. My Trustee was running an hour behind. I spent half of my time in the waiting room chatting with my attorney and half of the time observing cases in the 341 room.
            *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Not much we can do when we have to drop the kids off at school! They know we have school-age kids from our petition.

Comment

Originally posted by mtbc View Post
                Not much we can do when we have to drop the kids off at school! They know we have school-age kids from our petition.
                Frankly if traffic, not being able to park, or anything else delays you, your trustee won't care why you are late. The court makes it very obvious that you are to be there and present on that specific date and time. About the only acceptable no-notice excuse is serious injury from a traffic accident on the way to the courthouse - that's about it.

Are you saying you have no family, friends, or neighbors who could drop the kids at school for you for just this one very important morning?

If you really don't have anyone else, then PLEASE tell your attorney you might be late and why. That way he/she can inform your trustee what's going on and make it easier to get your 341 continued in case you aren't there when your names are called by the trustee.

However, truly this one time, getting to your 341 meeting on time is very, very important. Do your very best to find a substitute 'school bus driver' for yourselves for just this one morning.
                Last edited by lrprn; 12-22-2009, 04:14 PM.
                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Mine is on the 30th and I have to take a debt managment class in the morning and then my 341 is at 1pm
                  Filed 11-19-09
                  341 12-30-09
                  8 payments down 52 to go

Comment

Our nearest family is several hundred miles away, we only recently moved into the neighborhood from out of state, and are filing pro se. We'll make it -- I assume we both have to, filing jointly -- but we won't have the wiggle room I'd normally like.

Comment

Glad I listened to everyone here and left early!

It was a 20-25 minute drive away. After the responses I heard here, I decided to leave an hour early. Good thing too, because there was an accident on the freeway and traffic was horrible. I arrived to the building about 10 minutes early, but by the time I went through security and got up to the courtroom, I was just a few minutes early. Thanks for the advice! :-)

Comment

Total Travel Estimate: 1 hour 10 minutes / 63.49 miles

My meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m.

I think I will probably leave the house by 8:30 or 9 a.m. The previous day. (j/k!)

Comment

I arrived about an hour early; my attorney was a little late - stuck in traffic. Trustee called me up, I said my attorney wasn't there yet, probably stuck in traffic. Trustee then dealt with a few more cases. By then my attorney arrived and then it was our turn.
                          C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
                          Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

I left at 9 a.m. and got there about 45 minutes early for my 11 a.m. meeting. Couldn't sit in on prior 341s because they were held in a closed conference room, but I sat close enough to the closed door that I could kind of hear the questions being asked and some people arguing with the trustee lol. Everyone who was waiting was packed into this narrow hallway with two rows of chairs and told to wait their turn. I wandered off in search of a bathroom and coffee. My appointment was for 11:00 but they didn't call me in until almost 11:30. There was no search of personal effects, and everybody except me was dressed in blue jeans or sweats lol. The meeting lasted less than 30 minutes.

Comment

My attorney asked that I be there 30 min prior. I left in plenty of time in case of traffic jams, parking issues ect. It worked out because I dont go to the big city very often and parking was a nightmare. It was in one of those underground parking garages . YUK. Kept driving in circles over & over until I found a spot... Ended up being only 10 min early and very happy with myself...
                              Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                              Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                              Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X