Had 341 in the 12th and Lived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had 341 in the 12th and Lived

Well... we survived the (ch.7) 341 hearing and are living to tell about it.
    WOO HOO !.

It went pretty well.
    We were 3rd in line to speak to the trustee. The two before us,
    both seemed very unprepaired, lacking in paperwork and unable to answer many of his questions. Perhaps they were just nervious, but even their lawyers seemed unprepaired and even unprofessional. Needless to say our trustee was not in the best mood when he got to us.

Luckily,,, we were very prepaired. To the point of being anal. Thank heavens.
    We were able to answer the few questions that he asked, completely, and respectfully. So our turn went fine.
    I was so glad that we took the time to dot our I's and cross T's. Our lawyer is fantastic and took the time to prep us on the hearing well. He has met with us personally several times. We were asked several times by other people in the hearing room if we were Mr. and Mrs. so and so. I was very suprised that so many people go into court, having never met their clients/attorneys. My only conclusion is that there are several bankrupsy mills in my area. I am glad we did not choose one.
    None of our creditors attended. I am not sure if that means that they are not contesting or they just did not show up.
    The questions were mostly about, did we read and sign this and that paper, are we telling the truth, have we given away anything, and does anyone owe us money.

So far so good. Now I guess we wait.
    Luck to all
    Egrain

Congratulations on an easy 341.

I, too, was amazed at the number of people who were unprepared, even attorneys, in my 341. It really does pay to have good preparation and representation, but I don't think it's always the attorney's fault.

There were several attorneys who had multiple clients, called one right of after the other. Only one attorney seemed to have been involved with the problems of each of his clients. For the others, it seemed the clients were selective in what they were sharing.

Anyway, we had a grumpy trustee, too, but he brightened considerable every time he came across a debtor who was forthcoming, had fulfilled all requests, and above all, gave brief responses.

Comment

Congratulations and welcome to the 60 Day Club!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X