Had 341 today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had 341 today.

The Trustee was absolutely wonderful. Even though we filed Pro Se and were also contemplating converting to Chapter 13 (because Ford Motor Credit not willing to work with us to reaffirm), she advised us not to and told us there were so many other options for us if that were the only reason we wanted to convert. She spoke to us casually after the meeting (we were the last ones) and even had a couple of the attorneys tell us that since we did qualify for Chapter 7, we shouldn't definitely go that way.

funny thing is, we had our meeting today, and already getting offers for new auto credit. I am not emotionally attached to the one we have now, I am just wanting to make sure we have a way to work.

OMG!!! You have been blessed, not only with a wonderful Trustee but good advice. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT????

Go for it. The best 341 meeting I've read. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks! I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. The relief and the being able to breathe again is amazing. Last thing I expected was the Trustee saying, "isn't it better to stay in Chapter 7 and get it totally over with rather than pay into a plan for 5 years?"

The only one who she got a little testy with was a 20-something girl who wanted to keep both her BMW and her Escalade, as well as her timeshare.

Comment

Congrats!
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Wow. I wish more trustees were as nice as yours! It sure would make everybody's lives easier. Good work!

Comment

I'm so glad your 341 went well for you. In all the negativisms surrounding bankruptcy, it's nice to hear there are compassionate people who truly want to help. You were blessed with a few. It won't be long now before you are celebrating your discharge
            Filed Non-Consumer Chapter 7: 07/31/2009
            341 Hearing: 09/03/2009
            Last Day for Creditor's Objections: 11/02/2009
            Discharged! 11/03/2009 CLOSED! 01/05/2010

Comment

Originally posted by gizmocruz View Post
              The only one who she got a little testy with was a 20-something girl who wanted to keep both her BMW and her Escalade, as well as her timeshare.
              So what happened? Did the trustee continue the 341? Or is she taking one/both of the cars?

What state are you in? I may move there to file and hope for that trustee!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X