341 SE Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 SE Michigan

We had our 341 today in downtown Detroit, and let me tell you, this forum was AWESOME in preparing my wife and calming her nerves! She was getting so nervous, but after reading so many of the posts that say that it was "no big deal" it put her mind at ease!

Like other people who are in SE Michigan, we had to deal with the horrible parking situation. I frequently go downtown to see the Tigers/Lions/Red Wings play and have no problem parking on the street for those events, but in the business district, there are fewer options and the 1 hour meters are patrolled heavily. We paid our $10 to park and went on our way.

Another helpful tip that we read here was to NOT go through the security check point. That was extremely helpful, as the natural flow of traffic is to have you go through security, plus the sign to the 341 meeting room is small and easy to miss. That tip alone probably saved us a good 15 minutes of confusion.

Like so many others, our 341 was uneventful. I haven't heard this mentioned much, but our attorney received a 341 Status Sheet a few days before the acutal meeting. This 341 Status Sheet had a line by line list of all the questions that the trustee had about our case. Things from when we started our 401k contributions to questions about what expenses would increase when our 2nd child is born. I spent yesterday making sure we had a response to all of the items, and used that info to literally fly through the exam.

Our attorney did a great job by preemptively asking any of the more difficult questions. This allowed my wife to give a good, solid answer, with minimal follow up questions. It also seemed to limit the trustee from doing any digging on those specific topics. Not that there is anything to hide, but it just made the process run smoother and less stressful.

We did have one creditor show up (Credit Union - of course!). It was actually no big deal, as we are going to keep the vehicle, are current, and will likely reaffirm.

In total it took about 10 minutes. By far the longest of the day to that point, but we have a relatively complex case compared to what I could glean from the cases before us.

Like everyone else has said, it was really no big deal. Not worth the emotional build up my wife had. Glad it is done, and look forward to working through our plan to get to confirmation!

Originally posted by NoTomatoCan View Post
    We had our 341 today in downtown Detroit, and let me tell you, this forum was AWESOME in preparing my wife and calming her nerves! She was getting so nervous, but after reading so many of the posts that say that it was "no big deal" it put her mind at ease!

Like other people who are in SE Michigan, we had to deal with the horrible parking situation. I frequently go downtown to see the Tigers/Lions/Red Wings play and have no problem parking on the street for those events, but in the business district, there are fewer options and the 1 hour meters are patrolled heavily. We paid our $10 to park and went on our way.

Another helpful tip that we read here was to NOT go through the security check point. That was extremely helpful, as the natural flow of traffic is to have you go through security, plus the sign to the 341 meeting room is small and easy to miss. That tip alone probably saved us a good 15 minutes of confusion.

Like so many others, our 341 was uneventful. I haven't heard this mentioned much, but our attorney received a 341 Status Sheet a few days before the acutal meeting. This 341 Status Sheet had a line by line list of all the questions that the trustee had about our case. Things from when we started our 401k contributions to questions about what expenses would increase when our 2nd child is born. I spent yesterday making sure we had a response to all of the items, and used that info to literally fly through the exam.

Our attorney did a great job by preemptively asking any of the more difficult questions. This allowed my wife to give a good, solid answer, with minimal follow up questions. It also seemed to limit the trustee from doing any digging on those specific topics. Not that there is anything to hide, but it just made the process run smoother and less stressful.

We did have one creditor show up (Credit Union - of course!). It was actually no big deal, as we are going to keep the vehicle, are current, and will likely reaffirm.

In total it took about 10 minutes. By far the longest of the day to that point, but we have a relatively complex case compared to what I could glean from the cases before us.

Like everyone else has said, it was really no big deal. Not worth the emotional build up my wife had. Glad it is done, and look forward to working through our plan to get to confirmation!
    Congratulations, NoTomato!!! We hope to file in May so I have that whole jittery fear thing going like your wife had. We will be going in downtown Detroit too for this but I was just wondering about what you had said regarding the whole security checkpoint. You DONT have to go through that? It really isn't necessary? Also, did the trustee send you a list of required docs you have to send to them prior to the meeting? I would love as much input from your experience since we have to file in the same district you did. BTW... good luck to you and I wish you a successful discharge so that you may have your "fresh start"!
    08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
    04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
    06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
    08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

Ann - No, I believe the security checkpoint takes you to the courtrooms. You actually take the bank of elevators just off to the right of the security checkpoint.

The trustee does everything through our attorney. The 341 Check Sheet they sent had all the details of what the trustee still needed. Aside from some payment verifications for some items we are surrendering, there were no additional documents needed.

Please feel free to PM me if you have additional questions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X