341 on 4/28/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 on 4/28/10

Okay, it is done. Two couples ahead of us. Trustee very nice to them both, which both couples were destitute and in dire straits, and I really felt sorry for both of them. The second couple had 3 little preschool age children. He was still nice to us, but in going thru our packet, he kind of grunts and says, "Big RV and truck.... guess they were a good idea at the time..... uh". Both items have been surrendered. I felt that was inappropriate and felt like he slapped my face. We are in a 100% payback, which to me is outstanding if your income allows for it. Oh, well, he said, I believe, that he would recommend confirmation as long as the one creditor on our mobile home went along with it. So all in all it went fairly quickly and was not really a problem. I was a little disappointed that atty. did not call the day before, just as a reminder of the 341, and that she didn't say anything to us ahead of the hearing, except to sign a paper. Of course, I know, while this is paramount to us, it is routine for the atty.
    I will stop venting. In comparing to some who have described their 341's, I guess it was a cake walk.
    Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
    341- April 28, 2010;
    Confirmed May 25, 2010;
    $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

That was probably the Trustee's attempt at humor. Sometimes they make an effort. I don't know how often they succeed. Congratulations on getting through it smoothly.

Comment

I got that same berating at my 341 from my trustee on a new truck, RV and a German luxury sedan

It was 30 minutes of hell.
      19% dividend

Comment

My Trustee mentioned nothing to me in neither my Chapter 13 nor Chapter 7 341 Meetings. I guess some Trustees feel they need to slap your wrists a little. However, in a Chapter 13 context, they should be much more lenient. If you're trying to keep all the toys, I can readily agree with a tongue lashing and perhaps an objection to confirmation.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          My Trustee mentioned nothing to me in neither my Chapter 13 nor Chapter 7 341 Meetings. I guess some Trustees feel they need to slap your wrists a little. However, in a Chapter 13 context, they should be much more lenient. If you're trying to keep all the toys, I can readily agree with a tongue lashing and perhaps an objection to confirmation.
          justbroke - I agree with you. All those toys were sadly surrendered quickly in this process. Maybe the Trustee was attempting humor. Of course now, a day later, I'm over it and ready to move forward.
          Thanks all.
          Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
          341- April 28, 2010;
          Confirmed May 25, 2010;
          $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

Well, the pain and suffering and humilation should be over with. Small price to pay considering.......................
            Words can be harsh at times for whatever reason they are said good or bad.
            My 341 is today sooooooooooo lets see what "humor" I get!!

good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by Chucksoutalu View Post
              Well, the pain and suffering and humilation should be over with. Small price to pay considering.......................
              Words can be harsh at times for whatever reason they are said good or bad.
              My 341 is today sooooooooooo lets see what "humor" I get!!

good luck to you
              Yeah, you'll be good - 99.9% are uneventful.
              19% dividend

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X