top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341, Eastern Kentucky, creditor showed but it went ok...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341, Eastern Kentucky, creditor showed but it went ok...

Stopped paying CC Feb, 2010
    Retained Attorney 02/24/2010
    Filed Ch. 13 BK 06/04/2010
    341 Meeting 07/02/2010

(THe system ate my response!)

I think your 341 Meeting went well. Creditors are in fact allowed to ask you questions during a 341 Meeting of Creditors because that's the specific reason for the meeting! It's to allow the creditors a really inexpensive way of examining you under oath with limits. If they needed a more detailed deposition, they'd ask for a Rule 2004 examination, which is expensive.

The ankle-biting credit union is wrong to think that 11 USC 506(a) and 11 USC 1325 doesn't apply to your vehicle loan. They can't cross-collaterlize it because it must be "purchase money" in order for it to be an allowed secured claim. I'm sure your attorney will be all over them.
    Last edited by justbroke; 07-07-2010, 10:51 AM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

great post!

Comment

Your experience went much like others that I had seen today. My 341 Meeting was much easier. I don't know why, but we were at the table no longer than 2 minutes, including our identification and being sworn in. We filed CH13 and surrendered our home and our vehicle had been repossessed and sold months ago. So we already knew how much was left from that. He approved our plan and said he would recommend that our plan be approved by the judge. That was pretty much it. We are on a 100% payback plan too, so that may have something to do with how little time we spent. Our local credit union showed up too. He didn't ask any questions, but just observed. My attorney said that credit unions are big-time A-holes when it came to BK. Just curious to see if you have been confirmed yet.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X