341 tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow

So like many, I am a bit nervous about my 341 tomorrow- I wouldn't let myself worry until we got closer to the date ;)

But I know from reading the posts that they are generally not a concern. I am going early to familiarize myself w/the process.

We are over median by income (includes UI coming to an end) but once exemptions are deducted we are below. One thing I noticed on my petition is my BK atty noted my spouse's benefits ended on June 1- they did but then there's extended benefits for 20 wks- we were unsure at the time if they would be granted, etc. plus I understand it's really a week-to-week thing much more than regular UI benefits.

I emailed this question to my atty w/o response- so I am going to hope it's a non-issue. (I am fine about her lack of response...I just wanted to established a paper route that I flagged it as a possible question). She hasn't mentioned anything about questions so far from the trustee. She wanted more paystubs and UI stubs, which we got. I even went to SS and got a replacement SS card b/c I have no idea where mine is!

Also I wonder if they will ask me more questions b/c I'm an atty? Who knows but all kinds of people file. One of the most challenging things so far is I can no longer pay my mortgage online (we are keeping house & car) & the lender said it's b/c we have filed and I even had to call their BK division!!!! And my cleared check is stamped with "BK" (the lender is BofA)(weird?)...I have to mail a physical check! They won't even take payment over the phone....I used to do auto deduct and not worry, now I have to mail and make sure they receive it on time, etc. I wonder if that will change later?

Anyhow, guess I'm just writing for moral support. I also worry about seeing fellow attys. My atty just said to say I'm there for work but anyone who knows me knows my work has nothing to do w/being at the Federal courthouse!

Most of us don't have to worry about running into someone we know..that must feel weird...but still you shouldn't sweat it so much. Hopefully you won't see anyone you know and all will go well. Odds are way on your side that it will be much easier than you think.

I wouldn't worry about the UI as when you had counted it you were under the median if I read correctly. And 20 weeks is so short term anyway.

Believe the posts you have read here. Good luck and I look forward to you coming back with and "all went well" post. It's all downhill after that.

ep
    Last edited by epiphany; 07-07-2010, 11:27 AM. Reason: butchered grammar
    California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

I had to pull up the public calendar for my wife so she could see if she recognized any of the other names.

I am over the median also and have my 341 next week. Have you seen anything pop up on pacer that would indicate the UST is getting involved?

Comment

I had to pull up the public calendar for my wife so she could see if she recognized any of the other names.

I am over the median also and have my 341 next week. Have you seen anything pop up on pacer that would indicate the UST is getting involved
        ?

Excellent idea on pulling up the public calendar-- I haven't even gone to the Court website, awful I know.

And I'm sort of in the dark about Pacer; I've seen people here reference it...ok, off to look this stuff up!

And we are only over the median b/c of spouse's UI which is going to run out soon....but like I said, with exemptions, we're below median.

Thanks again...will update with what I hope is good news tomorrow--

Comment

Replying to self: Checked 341 calendar and thankfully I don't know anyone. Also helpful to find out there is no calendar before mine (was going to go early to observe) and my trustee has a lot of cases tomorrow (10-15 per hour, I don't know if that's a lot?).

Just registered for PACER...and will check my info once I get login info!

Comment

Originally posted by adm View Post
            Replying to self: Checked 341 calendar and thankfully I don't know anyone. Also helpful to find out there is no calendar before mine (was going to go early to observe) and my trustee has a lot of cases tomorrow (10-15 per hour, I don't know if that's a lot?).

Just registered for PACER...and will check my info once I get login info!
            I looked up the trustee that was assigned to my case and found out when she had 341's. Those are the ones I went to.

Let me know what you find out on pacer. I am interested in seeing if they flagged your case before your 341.

Comment

Let me know what you find out on pacer. I am interested in seeing if they flagged your case before your 341

Ok, I just looked up my case on pacer and for the parties-- it lists me, my attorney, the trustee and US trustee. Does everyone have a US Trustee listed or no?

As for the docket-- I didn't see anything out of the ordinary -- like nothing from a US Trustee.

Does this mean something?

Comment

Everyone does have a local trustee and then a UST assigned. I think the flags show up in the top right corner of the docket report. Right now mine had DebtEd since I have not completed the 2nd education course.

Comment

Sorry, a little late on the update but....it went fine Just asked the standard questions. Now wait the 60 days. Interestingly, Wells Fargo has been calling my in-laws! I just don't have the energy to deal w/this but they are so not allowed to call.

My atty is going to make a motion to discharge some otherwise generally no-dischargable debt which apparently, has been successful in this discourt court in the past although my particular Judge has not ruled on this issue...of course this requires coming up with another retainer, but I think worth it if I can get some of the nondischargeable debt discharged!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X