top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Trustee review before the 341 is held?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does the Trustee review before the 341 is held?

I was wondering what the Trustee reviews before your 341 is held. I understand that they request tax returns, bank statements, etc 10 days before your 341 but do they do any additional investigative work?

Form what i was told they go over all your bk paper work and if they see anything out of place or things they have questions on they will ask for more information if. SO as long as they feel they have all the information and can make a decision they wont do any more investigating. I filled like 3 weeks ago and have not had to give any more information. we have our 341 in 3 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by bizrock View Post
      Form what i was told they go over all your bk paper work and if they see anything out of place or things they have questions on they will ask for more information if. SO as long as they feel they have all the information and can make a decision they wont do any more investigating. I filled like 3 weeks ago and have not had to give any more information. we have our 341 in 3 weeks
      I had my 341 meeting yesterday and I didn't have to have any items except for the things my attorney said for me to bring. I had to take 3 months bank statements, car title, ID, drivers license. The attorney asked the questions that have to be asked and the trustee just asked if everything is correct and if I needed to make any changes. I said everything is correct and that I didn't need any changes to be made. He (the trustee) looked at my attorney and then me and said no further questions and let me go.

Comment

They usually will give you a "pre-341" by himself or his assistant. Any questions they may have they may ask at that time, then they will go over what you MUST bring as in, pic I.D., SS card, any tertiary items (we had to bring our marriage certificate as we use different sir names). So if there is a problem, you should get a drift from that. It is usually done in your own lawyer's office over a conference call. Lasts about five minutes.

The 341 is 'piece of cake' as long as your lawyer has your act together. Also that you have been totally honest. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Mine was yesterday as well and my BK petition had sticky notes on it. On each page the trustee had a question, he referred to the sticky note and then turned the page. Then he gave me his new list of demands and continued us.

ST
          Filed 7 - 7/8/10, 341 - 8/17/10 - Continued, Presumption of Abuse Filed - 8/27/10
          Report of No Distribution 9/27/10. Discharged 2/7/11 Closed 02/25/1
          10/12 EXP. 681

Comment

i had a completely different experience....we filed and then the paralegal for the trustee emailed all sorts of questions....this was a MONTH before my scheduled 341?? i was baffled about it and have never heard this happen before?

i think the good thing about that was by the time of the hearing, most all questions were answered and the court could move quicker.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X