Just got home and still worried.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got home and still worried.

Just got home from my 341 and I am exhausted from being nervous. I think I messed up on two questions:
    1 The trustee asked me how much my house would go for if I sold it, was it more than what I owed. I said yes and he then asked why I said no in my petition and my attorney whispered to me that I misspoke. I then corrected myself and the trustee moved on

2. He asked about my car which is paid for and how I arrived at the value. I told him Kelly Blue Book, he said OK.

I'm afraid they'll take my car and my house now. My attorney said it was OK, but I still worry

My attorney did tell me that a local appliance store did send reaffirmation papers for a 50% reduction in my balance and a payment of 10.00 a month, which I took. My attorney said I didn't have to but I figured it would help rebuild my credit.

Now I wait.

You should be fine. If you can prove to the trustee you're telling the truth then there's nothing to worry about. I've heard a lot of people misspoke then the trustee gives them a chance to correct their answers. It almost happened to me, I took couple of seconds to answer to make sure I say the correct answer. I hope it didn't come across that I'm lying or something. My husband told me, I just sounded confused because I was overthinking the question. lol
    I think the nervousness and all the emotion affects how people answer the questions sometimes. In my case, I was really sleepy and kinda dazing off. (I know it's bad).
    We were the last ones to go in our 341 meeting and waited over two hours since we got there an hour early. But now that it is over, I'm relieved.
    Try not to think about it too much. Your attorney should let you know if there's anything else the trustee needs.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se: July 28, 2010
    341 Meeting: Aug. 24, 2010/ Report of No Distribution: Aug. 25, 2010
    Officially Discharged: Oct. 26, 2010

Comment

ahhhhhhhhh....some of these questions??!!! really...how the heck are YOU suppose to know what you house WOULD sell for when absolutely NOTHING is selling??

they aren't taking your house and car...how can you get to work to pay??? BK is design to HELP people make a NEW start, not strip them of all worldly possessions.

you did perfect!!! don't worry...the trustees know people are nervous and under stress.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Marcia54, it is understandable to mess up answering the questions. I'm sure it happens all of the time. We are not used to being under oath and answering questions, so it is bound to happen. My 341 is tomorrow and I just hope I can remember my address, because my mind goes blank when I am nervous.

As for your home and car, if the attorney thinks it is fine, I would try to remember that. As Tobee said, a bk is a fresh start not an opportunity for them to take everything. Otherwise exemptions woudn't exists. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
        Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
        341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
        Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

It's understandable to be nervous. I was a nervous wreck the days before and even right before entering the room. At my 341, there was a couple before me when the trustee asked "are yous social security numbers ending in..." the wife said yes, the husband said no, the wife then gave him an elbow so he could correct his answer. Honestly, I was trying to hold my laugh when I saw her doing that. My lawyer pretended she didn't see that and probably neither did the trustee Wonder what was in the husband's mind.
          Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X